Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Cold weather jacket

Re: Favourite Cold weather jacket

Sitka kelvin down hoody

My primary keep me warm piece is a kuiu SD jacket. I use Sitka baselsyers under it, a fleece shirt over it and a rain shell on top if need be. It’s proven for me from the trapline to chasing winter goats to sledding in the mountains. The kuiu SD is an amazing peice.

Not really a jacket, but if hiking or snowshoeing these wool anoraks are great. Not good when it is real windy, though.

https://borealmountainanoraks.com/pr...rough-95-wool/

X2 for First Lite Uncompahgre. Really warm. IMO it’s the best compromise between warmth and packability.

Quote Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
    Hello Steven, do you have a link to the Ididadog clothing you are referring to Thanks
    Try googling........Northern Outfitter..Extreme Cold weather gear and Arctic Clothing..its THE gear used in the I Did a dog..Alaska dog sled race..needs to be tough, reliable, warm..able to flex..move..they DO have bibs that are camo..rated for either - 30 F..or colder set up..-50 ....
    Hope it helps..
    Sorry been busy packing for upcoming hunt..
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Try googling........Northern Outfitter..Extreme Cold weather gear and Arctic Clothing..its THE gear used in the I Did a dog..Alaska dog sled race..needs to be tough, reliable, warm..able to flex..move..they DO have bibs that are camo..rated for either - 30 F..or colder set up..-50 ....
    Hope it helps..
    Sorry been busy packing for upcoming hunt..
    Cheers
    Steven
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, Hope your hunt is success

I have a Canadian military surplus extreme cold parka...I sweat in that thing!
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

Check out Helly Hansen parkas. I have one and love it. I wear it daily around town during the cold months and for hunting snowshoe hare when the temps are frigid.
    Good price points compared to Canada Goose. Just don't get the faux fur collar too close to the campfire, it melts easy.

My favorite for this time of year is a Cabelas hooded fleece pull over with their "wind shear" feature. I put that over a merino wool base, a polyester button shirt, a heavier wool sweater and then the pull over. If there is a lot of snow I have a light cotton cover in white camo I'll put over that. I'm good most of the day traipsing around in this set up to about -30C.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    My primary keep me warm piece is a kuiu SD jacket. I use Sitka baselsyers under it, a fleece shirt over it and a rain shell on top if need be. It’s proven for me from the trapline to chasing winter goats to sledding in the mountains. The kuiu SD is an amazing peice.
    And it's only forty six dollars and three hundred ninety two cents!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..