Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Cold weather jacket

Favourite Cold weather jacket

Thinking of buying myself a present this winter. A new jacket!

What is everyone’s favourite absolutely cold weather jacket?

Been lookin at some Canada Goose parkas... they are crazy expensive, but maybe they are worth it? Would they hold up to hiking through the bush?

Any trappers have recommendations for what they use on their lines in the wintertime?

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Favourite Cold weather jacket

Hey Scotty76, I just bought a Farwest Down Jacket from Marks Workware. Its 600 Down, water resistant and breathable. The seams are sealed. Check it out.

T Shirt and a Jean Jacket, be a man...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

First Lite Uncomaghre
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Hmm crazy cold jacket ? Like in Ididadog 1000 mile dog sled race ? Tough and warm. They have bibs, liners coats, liners gloves..all rsted at minus 50..
    However they are so far impossible to get on the phone or even e mail....Jim Shockey uses the system.
    The Canadian goose jacket is brilliantly warm but my concern is shape, length..hood ruffed finished is not condusive to hunting and once holed or torn...hmmmm brings me back to a torn feather pillow during a rainstorm in Kwatna bay 25 years ago..with now deceased hunting Partner Toney...soon more feathers flying around the tent than in the damn pillow.
    Steven

like a puffy jacket for glassing? Or something that your going to be mobile in?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm crazy cold jacket ? Like in Ididadog 1000 mile dog sled race ? Tough and warm. They have bibs, liners coats, liners gloves..all rsted at minus 50..
    However they are so far impossible to get on the phone or even e mail....Jim Shockey uses the system.
    The Canadian goose jacket is brilliantly warm but my concern is shape, length..hood ruffed finished is not condusive to hunting and once holed or torn...hmmmm brings me back to a torn feather pillow during a rainstorm in Kwatna bay 25 years ago..with now deceased hunting Partner Toney...soon more feathers flying around the tent than in the damn pillow.
    Steven

Hello Steven, do you have a link to the Ididadog clothing you are referring to Thanks

I already have very warm hunting gear that I can sit and glass in (Sitka and first lite). Maybe I don’t actually “need” another jacket , but I want one. Not necessarily just for hunting, but also Ice fishing, trapping( if I ever connect on the trapline owners in my area and get permission) and just generally being outdoors. ( I recently bought property in the interior and feel the need to get something warmer.
    I can’t say anything negative about my Carhartt gear for work, and I’ve been looking at their parka. Sounds decent, and I k ow it will be tough.
    The search continues

Tiaga in Vancouver has some good down jackets

I'll second the first light Uncompahgre favorite all round outdoor hunting jacket.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess