Thread: Rabbits on Coquitlam Mountain

Rabbits on Coquitlam Mountain

I read a number of reports of people hunting Rabbit on Coquitlam mountain, some call it "rabbit mountain". I am new to the area, but, looking at a map, I am surprised this is legal/smart? Aside from the mountain probably crawling with hikers and mountain bikers, this is fairly close to the city...

Any thoughts/education?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rabbits on Coquitlam Mountain

It looks as if Coquitlam Mountain is just north or the City of Coquitlam no shooting zone. Check the Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting map.

Your probably looking at a 4hour hike in to get past Dennet lake which is where you are legally allowed to start hunting.

i biked and hiked up there for many many years and never once have i seen a rabbit. youll be on burke mountain as coquitlam mtn is fully within watershed and is therefore a no go zone.
    you cant discharge firearm or bow until yer out of coquitlam - ie. north of dennett lake - unless you are on the pitt. lots of folks around the bottom, but cant shoot there anyways.
    glad i dont live there anymore..

It's a big hike in there to dennet for rabbits. Did it with my girlfriend who slowed me down substantially. But it took us about 3 hours up to munrofrom the Munro lake trail... Then dennet is another 45 minutes further it sounds like from online sources. All straight up. I also didn't see any sign of rabbits. Some bigger piles of bear shit in the dead blueberry bushes near Munro though (still not in legal hunting area though). I figure if you're fit, going that route it would take about 2.5 hours of hard non-stop hiking