Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Note for hunter from Vancouver with 8-26 moose draw

Re: Note for hunter from Vancouver with 8-26 moose draw

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    There is an unofficial target range up the Soo river that a lot of phucwits obviously use based on all the garbage. Old shot up fire extinguishers, chairs TVs etc. It’s a disgrace. I’ve only ever been there with my camper on, and there is easily a truckload of crap there.
    Would be nice to set up a couple trail cams and do a little reporting, especially if it is a common 'dump site'.

I've been known to slam on the brakes make my passenger get out walk back and go pick up the wrapper or can/bottle 5hey just threw out...usually only happens once

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    I've been known to slam on the brakes make my passenger get out walk back and go pick up the wrapper or can/bottle 5hey just threw out...usually only happens once
    Funny how well it works confronting someone on being an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Would be nice to set up a couple trail cams and do a little reporting, especially if it is a common 'dump site'.
    Yes, it would be. It’s a fair sized area but I will probably organize a clean up day in the spring once the snow is gone. I think (hope) a lot of it has to with how dirty it is when people arrive. If it’s clean, then they tend to leave it clean. If it’s a pig sty, their own crap doesn’t stand out.

As for confronting these douche bags while “in the act”, it’s hard to know if they are going to clean up when they leave, and they also tend to be armed when “in the act” of shooting, so you need to tread carefully!

if I suspect nefarious deeds are being done, I try to take a photo of a license plate and the people involved without being too obvious. Law enforcement won’t do anything without a pic of the people involved, as I found out when I caught three guys in the act of dumping a truckload of crap on my neighbors property. The garbage had stolen credit cards etc in it, and the cops wouldn’t even bother to look for who owned the truck without pics of humans too.
    Last edited by Redthies; 10-31-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Yes, it would be. It’s a fair sized area but I will probably organize a clean up day in the spring once the snow is gone. I think (hope) a lot of it has to with how dirty it is when people arrive. If it’s clean, then they tend to leave it clean. If it’s a pig sty, their own crap doesn’t stand out.

As for confronting these douche bags while “in the act”, it’s hard to know if they are going to clean up when they leave, and they also tend to be armed when “in the act” of shooting, so you need to tread carefully!

if I suspect nefarious deeds are being done, I try to take a photo of a license plate and the people involved without being too obvious. Law enforcement won’t do anything without a pic of the people involved, as I found out when I caught three guys in the act of dumping a truckload of crap on my neighbors property. The garbage had stolen credit cards etc in it, and the cops wouldn’t even bother to look for who owned the truck without pics of humans too.
    Here is reality you won’t be shot for telling someone to clean up their mess the punishment is just way to high for the offenders. If they step over the line of threatening you with a firearm they now stepped over the line where they can be reported to the RCMP

Reporting a threat with a firearm will get attention from RCMP a lot faster then littering

Most people when confronted will make excuses for their actions or actually just clean it up and leave. If you are being threatened and fear things or more then you can handle leave and report instead. People use threats to scare you from actual conflict 99% of the time.

Fact of the matter is most are just lazy dumbass’s not gangsters doing this lol.

It is funny, if I run into people out shooting I always stop to chat and inevitably drop a polite reminder to clean up after themselves. Everybody always seems shocked that I'd even think they might leave sh*t behind but lo and behold, more often that not there is garbage on the site when I go back.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So how many here actually tell people to clean up their sh!t when they catch these people in the act?

Its one thing to clean up their mess or try internet shame stuff but this often leads to these idiots continuing as they do

I can tell you these people often get uncomfortable and stutter when you call them out on their mess and tell them to clean it up. More so when you park behind their truck and offer to help load their truck with all the trash in the area. Along with the offer of following them to the dump where you are willing to split the dump fee with them

If there is no consequences these people don’t care and keep doing
    I have phoned 3 people and given them 24hrs to get their shyte picked up, 2 complied and cleaned up their shyte, 1 didnt so the CO paid them a visit.
    I asked 3 idiots to pick up their spent hulls after they were done shooting at our unofficial range, I had just picked up a 5 gallon pail full and showed them, they said no problem,,,,next day there were hundreds from these local idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I have phoned 3 people and given them 24hrs to get their shyte picked up, 2 complied and cleaned up their shyte, 1 didnt so the CO paid them a visit.
    I asked 3 idiots to pick up their spent hulls after they were done shooting at our unofficial range, I had just picked up a 5 gallon pail full and showed them, they said no problem,,,,next day there were hundreds from these local idiots.
    Cant win them all but at least you’re efforts are achieving results a portion of the time. That is enough to make it worth it. I bet if more did the same it would make a larger impact

Good on you for taking the time to put in an effort

post this on FB too

Went by the spot yesterday and saw that the targets had been taken down. A thank you goes out to whoever that was.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""