Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Note for hunter from Vancouver with 8-26 moose draw

Note for hunter from Vancouver with 8-26 moose draw

This is a note to the fellow from Vancouver who has the 8-26 moose draw and was out sighting his rifle east of Enderby today. I picked up all the brass you left behind, but I left all the targets on the trees you hung up so that you can take responsibility and go back and clean them up yourself. I am the guy on the quad who passed by while you were dressing a grouse, and I got the info on you from the guy who passed you getting firewood. I don't know what it's like where you live, but around here we try to keep a clean forest and are proud of it. Please clean up after yourself. Thanks.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Note for hunter from Vancouver with 8-26 moose draw

Well said Im sick of that as well.Steve!

I was just saying the same thing to a fellow member on here last night....not to pick on visiting hunters because locals do it too but....drove by 4 guys from "the coast" I stop to chat, 3 get up and leave, one guy is friendly as he has a little buck and he is happy about that, on my return drive by they left some garbage behind, I got your garbage so every fellow hunter didnt look like you guys.
    Come on, please take your trash with you.

Dont give Steves a bad name...

It seems Common sense isnt that common these days,or its just lazyness maybe,recently on our moose hunt i visited our grown over camp we used for over 20 yrs ,clean as the day we found it as our last day in camp is always a cleaning day,looks prestine right down to the firepit rocks being unassembled and scattered around site....keep them clean boys!
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Don't have to look far to find beer cans and other trash laying around a recently used hunt camp.. its really not hard to bring a heavy duty garbage bag and take 5 minutes to pick up your crap as you break camp.. I just don't get why this is such a problem!

I don't get it, take a big bin bag and fill it with the shells and brass in the area.... yours or not. It is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by simonvancouver View Post
    I don't get it, take a big bin bag and fill it with the shells and brass in the area.... yours or not. It is not hard.
    There is an unofficial target range up the Soo river that a lot of phucwits obviously use based on all the garbage. Old shot up fire extinguishers, chairs TVs etc. It’s a disgrace. I’ve only ever been there with my camper on, and there is easily a truckload of crap there.

It is very discussing to see what people leave behind.

So how many here actually tell people to clean up their sh!t when they catch these people in the act?

Its one thing to clean up their mess or try internet shame stuff but this often leads to these idiots continuing as they do

I can tell you these people often get uncomfortable and stutter when you call them out on their mess and tell them to clean it up. More so when you park behind their truck and offer to help load their truck with all the trash in the area. Along with the offer of following them to the dump where you are willing to split the dump fee with them

If there is no consequences these people don’t care and keep doing