Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose Monday

Re: Moose Monday

What a healthy looking animal. Awesome photo as per usual Dana! Is this a region 3 NT critter? We've been seeing mainly dry cows and very few bulls. A couple of the bulls we have seen were pretty impressive though

yes, nice bull, and nice photos, as always.

now for the stupid, for years I have been going up to the EK to hunt elk, but I am never around for the Moose season start.
    so, I never bother even applying for the any bull draw.
    Now, I just realize, had I entered and won a permit, I could go in there with a Bow!!???
    You know how many times we have had bull moose within 10 yards of us!
    And some of them big, real big! (due to the leh)
    I spent half the drive home shaking my head from the EK to LM.

I asked a couple that I had seen driving around repeatedly what they were after?
    They said Moose, which I assumed they got a draw, but had to be 2pt or smaller.
    I said, that's too bad, as I haven't seen a small bull, just a big one with atleast a 4.5 ft spread, if not 5 ft and wide,
    not tall.
    Their eyes jumped out of their heads and they say, that's okay, with the draw we can hunt bull with bow!
    So, I told him where we have seen him the past few days in a row (hope they got him)
    But yes, made me feel real stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMoose View Post
    What a healthy looking animal. Awesome photo as per usual Dana! Is this a region 3 NT critter? We've been seeing mainly dry cows and very few bulls. A couple of the bulls we have seen were pretty impressive though
    Zippermouth Creek located in the Southern Interior. Rather would not say what area as this guy is needed for seed and I hope he can pass on some of those strong survival genes to numerous calves so we can see a rebound in our current sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    you will have fun with that camera they have a new one with more zoom . that ones little brother is awesome as well .
    yes I've watched the promo video for the P1000. Very impressive indeed. My previous camera was a P600. Took gobs of images with that camera. Beat it hard and it kept on ticking. Was a vehicle accident that did it in. Lost the focus and zoom control. Didn'ttake me long to upgrade to the P900.

my buddy just bought a P900 and I cannot believe the zoom on it, he did a moon shot and you can literally see the craters on the moon with it,
    I will be looking at one soon, been throwing hints to the wife for xmas

A hell of a bull.....great pic...

A tri- palm on the right side , as well as 10 points on the right side ! Awesome photo. Hope he passes his genes on .
    thanks for posting.
    BR

Nice bull, definetly will get his share of seed spreading
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bag1 View Post
    my buddy just bought a P900 and I cannot believe the zoom on it, he did a moon shot and you can literally see the craters on the moon with it,
    I will be looking at one soon, been throwing hints to the wife for xmas
    What does something like this cost

I love animals and the outdoors...seeing your guys pictures the last few years has inspired me to get a camera myself the pictures I coulda had over the years bugs me I dont have them to cherish forever...I use my cell phone quite abit does that count lol???