Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No racks ?

No racks ?

Had to make a trip up to 100 mile this weekend but not for hunting . I saw a lot of hunting rigs heading south but no racks . Are hunters less likely now to place a rack on their trailers because of anti hunting individuals ? Seems a shame if so . I always enjoyed seeing the racks on the way up to go hunting !
    Arctic Lake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: No racks ?

Hmmm most take trailers. .cargo haulers. .meat and horns inside...and past the best moose hunting times..most fly in lakes are finished for the year. .smaller game ie deer are inside truck boxes..not easily seen..
    Best time for seeing racks..is late August..sept..oct 20..
    Used to see a pick up with a wall tent and frame and gear..now its 3 trucks..6 guys..couple 24 foot haulers..couple ATVS..a boat generator. .etc etc etc..ie MOOSE MAFIA lol..
    Cheers
    Srupp

I had mine displayed with pride. A nice 5x4

Like Srupp says, lots of toy hauler trailers now, and truck with tinted canopies.
    I am sure some do not want to flaunt it, and I bet a few others don't want you to see them coming out of the fsr
    as to keep it "secret".
    Most folks have pickups now, so no need to strap the game to the roof or hood.
    And ya, not so many being successful I suppose, but wait til Nov LW.

Saw a monster bull moose rack strapped to the top of uhaul trailer on sunday in Abby

Saw a nice moose attached to a quad on hwy 1 on my way to Abby on Friday, and a deer stuffed in the back of a tracker a week or 2 ago, if I get something on the Remembrance Day weekend it will be displayed lol

lol i was pulled over by a cop and a co in the same drive when i shot my bighest muley...
    lol they just wanted to see the rack no shit.

Thanks for the input fellas !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    lol i was pulled over by a cop and a co in the same drive when i shot my bighest muley...
    lol they just wanted to see the rack no shit.
    That's funny and good at the same time !
    Arctic Lake

Once brought 3 nice bucks through cache creek. All 4 pts, and all whole. We had a pickup with a quad in the back and 2 quads on a flat deck. Not a lot of room for the deer so on the quads they went, we were careful not to have open carcasses or blood everywhere. We got thumbs up and high fives all the way through cache creek to about hope. Then we started getting the finger and shaking heads.