Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear carrying a dead cub?

Re: Bear carrying a dead cub?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hard to say for certain but COY should be a little more filled out by July 5. Doesn't really seem like much there. A chunk of hide seems like a decent explanation. The look the bear gives is almost like it stole it and got away with a prize. But who knows. Cool video none the less.
    It is very possible and I had similar thoughts on the size too. I don't think it would be the hide from the bear took in May as that would have rotted in a week or so, but it could be a matter of the camera date being out of whack or more likely from a different bear. Too bad that was one of my crappy cams with a long delay and low res.

Do you guys think it is a sow? Those hips... baby got back? Usually with boars on rear shots I see more under carriage like this (bear that keeps trying to kill me lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyWh74w7WU

Last edited by caddisguy; 10-28-2018 at 05:35 PM.

In the late 60's LT(LOVER 308 ) & I went moose hunting just east of Pinchi Lake. Shared a camping area with a couple of hunters.
    One of the hunters came along on a foot hunt & as the 3 of us were hiking a black bear & a cub appeared & the sow instantly sent the cub up a tree.

Without warning the idiot shot the cub & it instantly fell to the ground from about 25 ft. The sow ran away.
    Both LT & I started yelling at the guy & told him to clear out of the campsite by the time we get back or else, which they did.

The cub was fairly large.
    On our way back it was gone & no doubt carried away by the sow.
    There were no drag marks. Seems like she carried it away for quite some distance.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

sounds like a bbq

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    In the late 60's LT(LOVER 308 ) & I went moose hunting just east of Pinchi Lake. Shared a camping area with a couple of hunters.
    One of the hunters came along on a foot hunt & as the 3 of us were hiking a black bear & a cub appeared & the sow instantly sent the cub up a tree.

Without warning the idiot shot the cub & it instantly fell to the ground from about 25 ft. The sow ran away.
    Both LT & I started yelling at the guy & told him to clear out of the campsite by the time we get back or else, which they did.

The cub was fairly large.
    On our way back it was gone & no doubt carried away by the sow.
    There were no drag marks. Seems like she carried it away for quite some distance.
    It bothers me knowing people like this exist.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Cool vid, I honestly agree with Husky that it's part of a hide..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Cool vid, I honestly agree with Husky that it's part of a hide..
    I agree with you .

Cool video Caddis, just a shot in the dark, could the bruin be carrying a dead skunk/martin/coon in its mouth?
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Cool video Caddis, just a shot in the dark, could the bruin be carrying a dead skunk/martin/coon in its mouth?
    Anything is possible. I guess it's too grainy to tell. A lot guys on on here think it's part of a hide. Someone on another forum thought it might be a raven. It's possible it's some other critter.

Baby sasquatch

Whatever it is it's going to eat it.