Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Entitled Hunters

Entitled Hunters

Didn't want to run another thread off track, so:

Are people inherently selfish or is it something about hunting that raises emotions?

I think it is the latter, but really can't explain it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Entitled Hunters

I think it's the former myself.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

No different then going to the BAR on a Saturday Night. Everyone is looking around pretending their having fun. No different.
    Jel -- you either have it or you don't, and then you pretend you do -- ok -- or you go home alone like usual Hahahahahahahahha Even Burt got turned down

I think most people feel like they would like an equal share of what they feel is inherently theirs or their right. The whole island issue is an issue because the amount of land that was given away without the say of the province and its people. Other issues like the government making a two group society is causing a crazy amount of emotion in people because the lands that our grandfathers and fathers grew up on and hunted are being given away again with no say from the people of the province. People have the right to be emotional on these issues and rightfully so...in my opinion...

Same as the BAR, you go there for one and end up " 1 too many "
    -- people cannot make decisions -- or will not --- Will Knots -------can't make a decision --
    Cindy Lopper said it right! " Girls just wanna have fah hon ----------------------------------------> Fun that's all <----------- street smart? Rahhh Noooooooooooo
    Jel -- On the street -- we are all equal -- no entitlements -- just no ho rahh ok it's raww you and me and the street -- that's where the real fun starts and hopefully ends!
    --------------folks got Rock's emotions going with this thread sooooo noooo gotta gooooooooo
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-26-2018 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Hello I'm Johnny Ca$h

I think it's the first myself and the more money people have invested in what is a simple pursuit the more entitled they think they are. To be clear this doesn't apply to everyone but in over 40 years of hunting I would say the respect many hunters should have for the game they pursue and the environment they hunt in has gone downhill.

I think its the former as well. People in general are a lot less inclined to give a crap about anyone else than they were in the past.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Burt Reynolds never hunted and he was Cherokee and Mexican so don't give me nooo roc------Burt can -- jo rawwwwJel
    dis iz daahh rawww
    Jel ok that's it no more we;re gone -- > i never seen rock flip like this folks -- Nor Shore Rocko lookin in Brocko for bert's skirt Hahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post

Are people inherently selfish or is it something about hunting that raises emotions?
    It’s a bit of both I would say. Although on here I think we hear a disproportionately high amount of the bad experiences some people have compared to the good. I think people just like to complain...

I’ve been hunting for well over 30 years and I could count on one hand the amount of bad encounters I’ve had while out hunting. Sure, my hunt has been messed up on lots of occasions but I don’t believe there was any malicious intent on the other party’s part. That’s just the way it goes sometimes.

I also try to go where others are not and if I see a vehicle in the area I move on to another. I never had an issue getting a couple decent bucks on the Island each year and many more opportunities presented themselves...

Humans are selfish by nature. Never had a negative interaction with another hunter, or wilderness user. Rarely see anyone though when I’m walking.