Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Entitled Hunters

Re: Entitled Hunters

I think some people take advantage of the perceived lack of rules and laws when out in the back country and it causes them to act in ways they wouldn’t normally. The true test of a persons ethics and character is how they act when no one is around to call them on their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    The true test of a persons ethics and character is how they act when no one is around to call them on their actions.
    Exactly, that's the true test.

I think its what people define hunting as,

some define it as going out out into the bush to harvest “their” game animals and the selfish nature in all of us gets emotionally charged when we face challenges. Or see unfairness

others define it as getting into the outdoors and experiencing our heritage and the beauty of where we live, and if we harvest an animals it’s just an added bonus. And usually don’t squak as much as the former.

I would be lying if I didn’t say I go back and forth between the two definitions but I try to Make a conscious effort to be the later for my sanity and to pass a good heritage to my kids.

Way more entitled idiots out there each day

In the past you were more likely to get punched in the mouth for being a rude entitled idiot so most thought about their actions and changed their ways. Those that did not learn became easy to identify with their lisp and lack of teeth

It is interesting to observe those who respect the new road restrictions in our area and those who don’t. Sad that the entitlement attitude to shoot a moose includes breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BornNRazed View Post
    some define it as going out out into the bush to harvest “their” game animals and the selfish nature in all of us gets emotionally charged when we face challenges. Or see unfairness

others define it as getting into the outdoors and experiencing our heritage and the beauty of where we live, and if we harvest an animals it’s just an added bonus. And usually don’t squak as much as the former.

I think you have nailed it here - especially about facing challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    It is interesting to observe those who respect the new road restrictions in our area and those who don’t. Sad that the entitlement attitude to shoot a moose includes breaking the rules.
    even the old road restrictions are ignored. Was in a non motorized area in region 8 every closed road had heavy quad traffic from all the tracks I could see. This zone has been around for as long as I can remember. it's not a surprise new reg

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by ryanszeredi View Post
    even the old road restrictions are ignored. Was in a non motorized area in region 8 every closed road had heavy quad traffic from all the tracks I could see. This zone has been around for as long as I can remember. it's not a surprise new reg
    Yeh very frustrating when you backpack into the Alpine only to have a couple chaps ride by you on their ATVs when you know it's closed to motorized vehicles !!
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I was antelope hunting this year and the craziest thing happened. Sitting alongside the road watching a antelope in the field and some pecker head pulls up and backs into a approach behind us and starts scoping our antelope. After 5 mins he drives up beside us and asks if we're gonna shoot it. It burnt my ass that he wouldn't of just drove past and watched from afar as he could tell we were watching it and developing a plan to stalk up on it.

Kinda like hunters from the lower mainland coming up to zone 6 and blocking off access with their trucks and camps!
    You know who you are.