Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Binos or Spotting Scope

Re: Binos or Spotting Scope

I carry a 10x50 bino with a harness all the time. If sitting i find a high power bino on a tripod more comfortable to look through than a spotter.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Enjoy! Sounds like a good choice.

On our last hunt I came to a realization. I know Vortex isn't the best optical quality but for binos or a spotter I will buy Vortex from here on out. Anything that gets stuffed into a backpack, or the console of my truck, or sits in the back of the Rhino is going to get scratched up. I can baby my riflescopes and keep the mud and debris from ever touching the glass but my binos in particular have a tough life. My Viper HD are getting pretty beat up, in another season I'll probably send them back to Vortex for a warranty refurbish instead of having to flog them as scratched glass then paying full pull again for another set. I used to have a nice pair of Swarovski binos and the glass was great but the constant worry was not.
    Swaro has as good or better warranty than vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Swaro has as good or better warranty than vortex.
    I seriously doubt that, considering vortex will replace your stuff even if you damage it yourself, on purpose.

There is plenty of talk on here about warranty from the big 3 taking a long time, or having communications issues with them etc. They have great warranty, but nothing like Vortex considering the no-fault replacement policy.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I seriously doubt that, considering vortex will replace your stuff even if you damage it yourself, on purpose.

There is plenty of talk on here about warranty from the big 3 taking a long time, or having communications issues with them etc. They have great warranty, but nothing like Vortex considering the no-fault replacement policy.
    Yeah, a no-fault warranty is useful when you know you are going to abuse stuff. Vortex knows it, prices it into their business model, and doesn't quibble when you use the warranty.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

Well, your wrong. You might get instructions on how to properly mount your scope or clean your lenses but Swaro will always repair/replace their products and unless they have to go back to Europe the turn around is usually within a few weeks. Vortex has a no fault warranty because at some point their products will fail and they know this and ultimately you as a customer are paying a far greater price to facilitate the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Well, your wrong. You might get instructions on how to properly mount your scope or clean your lenses but Swaro will always repair/replace their products and unless they have to go back to Europe the turn around is usually within a few weeks. Vortex has a no fault warranty because at some point their products will fail and they know this and ultimately you as a customer are paying a far greater price to facilitate the extra cost.
    Far greater price to facilitate the extra cost??? If anything, your $3200 binoculars are the ones with a built in warranty reserve.

Swaro will always repair/replace? .... again, wrong. drive over your swaro spotting scope and send it in, and you think they will entertain the idea of replacing it?

Most definitely not.

Dont get me wrong. If I had the budget, I would for sure own all Swarovski or Leica stuff ..... but to compare their warranty to a no-question-asked offering from vortex ...... not a chance in hell would they match it.