Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Binos or Spotting Scope

Re: Binos or Spotting Scope

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Plenty of quality used optics for a good price available if a guy looks around..
    Define good price?
    $1500 for used swaro SLC is really not a good price. But that's what people seem to want for them around here.

I'm aware of how to look around. I have $1600 binos I bought as an open box item on Ebay for $900.

Show me all this Alpha glass for a good price you have found

Swaro, Leica and Zeiss pop up all the time on bird watching forums and other hunting sites. There's more than HBC out there kid. Hunting partner and I both picked up top of the line spotters in mint condition for half of what they are new.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Define good price?
    $1500 for used swaro SLC is really not a good price. But that's what people seem to want for them around here.

I'm aware of how to look around. I have $1600 binos I bought as an open box item on Ebay for $900.

Show me all this Alpha glass for a good price you have found
    270 there’s the odd deal floating around but it’s not like a daily occurrence of course not, but if your patient and diligent you can find a good deal now and again, I picked up a mint set of 10x42 Leica Trinovids for $600 from a guy in Nanaimo, my son uses them.

I bought my Leica APO 25-50x65 angled spotting with the eyepiece on EBay.ca for 2120.00 cdn

yeh you have to be patient for sure !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Going to bring this thread up again . Okay so you fellas that do backpack hunting do you carry binoculars and a spotting scope ? If so is your spotting scope one of those that is compact ? If not how much does your full size or compact spotting scope weigh ? What is better angled eye piece or straight ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

Binos for sure, 10x42 or 8's... Depending on how far your line of sight generally is.

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    Binos for sure, 10x42 or 8's... Depending on how far your line of sight generally is.
    Have the 8x42's
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Going to bring this thread up again . Okay so you fellas that do backpack hunting do you carry binoculars and a spotting scope ? If so is your spotting scope one of those that is compact ? If not how much does your full size or compact spotting scope weigh ? What is better angled eye piece or straight ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Just bringing this up again . I have 8x42 Meopta binos now and they are great ! But now asking about a spotting scope it will be used for the range, birding, and hunting .
    Arctic Lake

So do most of you fellas use compact spotting scopes to do range work and also hunting ?
    Arctic Lake

Fellas I would appreciate more feed back
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Buy 15-45x65 type spotting scope, it’s compact enough to back pack and use at the range, it’s a good compromise for size weight and power,
    the small ones 11-33x50 are ok at the range but lack power in the field.

Vortex Razor HD 16-48x65 is an affordable option if you don’t want to go with Zeiss Leica Swarovski
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America