Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Binos or Spotting Scope

Re: Binos or Spotting Scope

I’m leaving this afternoon for goat, I’m packing 8x32 Swaro, and a 15-60. 65 mm ats Swaro with a decent tripod. Without a good tripod, good optics are hard to use. My bag with out bow or water weighs 55 lbs.... I love taking good pics or video of animals 1-5 km away.

im currently using 10x42 vortex binos and a leica 25-50x65mm spotter. i actually tend to just use my spotter more on mountain hunts but also use a phone skope alot of the time. london drugs has decent tripods i piked up one of their carbon fiber 3 legged friends punk tripod for 325$ and im liking it alot. it comes with a ball head which takes a bit of getting use to, ill probably switch it to a pan head but i have no complaints! 12 day backpack hunt im sitting at 60 lbs. thats carrying everything minus my tents poles.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    im currently using 10x42 vortex binos and a leica 25-50x65mm spotter. i actually tend to just use my spotter more on mountain hunts but also use a phone skope alot of the time. london drugs has decent tripods i piked up one of their carbon fiber 3 legged friends punk tripod for 325$ and im liking it alot. it comes with a ball head which takes a bit of getting use to, ill probably switch it to a pan head but i have no complaints! 12 day backpack hunt im sitting at 60 lbs. thats carrying everything minus my tents poles.
    How many liters of water in that 60lbs?

Ahhhh Thank you fellas for feedback those were some answers I was looking for !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    How many liters of water in that 60lbs?
    i have a 3L badder but only fill it up when i find water before getting up into alpine. usually hike in with just a Gatorade bottle filled. but that also depends on where im going but i can usually stay around 65lbs for 12 days with 3L of water in pack. i definitely don't pack for comfort.

Are the higher end Bushnell spotting scopes any good ? Not sure which is their top line etc.
    Arctic Lake

Any recommendations for good online dealers for spotting scopes ?
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Any recommendations for good online dealers for spotting scopes ?
    Arctic Lake
    Sponsor, Precision Optics. Omer will often let you try/compare before you buy.

Camera land NY. They usually have a demo, display list of discounted optics. Might be able to find something there

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Are the higher end Bushnell spotting scopes any good ? Not sure which is their top line etc.
    Arctic Lake
    Bushnell elite spotting scopes are a bargain and have excellent glass ,highly under rated .You cant go wrong with them for what you are doing .Good entry level glass.Even an older Bushnell space master spotter ,they can be had for around $100.I used to have a one under the seat of my Tracker,not a lot invested if some one decides they need it more than you .In fact there is a nice one on craigslist for $95 ,just search Bushnell under for sale .
    Last edited by GEF; 09-05-2019 at 06:17 AM. Reason: g

Thank You Fellas ! HBC members always there to help a guy like me out !
    Arctic Lake