Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Re: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Jag needs to lay off the cough medicine...
    Looks like he has been hitting the crack pipe too hard.

Hahahahahahaha
    Jel -- horsh of course -- yah

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie View Post
    As usual Dana, amazing pictures!
    Thanks! Thinking it is time to get this site back to where it is fun again. Posting hunting photos and having some good laughs over people's oversensitive reactions is a good start.

if dog owner let rover loose in forest..hunting time or when ever..it is not anyone else to blame but doggy owner himself..if something bad happens,,at least put some bright color for rover..i seen doggy been shot in bush [i didnt shoot it]..that doggy looks exatly like coyote 200y away..sad but true..

In this day and age of bad press, you have some of the elite telling us we need to stop posting hunting photos online and hide. Nope! Wrong answer! What we need to do is stop doing stupid shit like shooting dogs! If you can't tell a dog from a coyote at 200 yards, I suggest you buy a better spotting scope and some binos. Proper Species ID is a must as a hunter. And 99% of the time, that dog at 200 yards has an owner relatively close. What are we taught when it comes to proper gun handling. Know your target and know what is beyond your target. Stop and think and use things like binos and spotting scopes to make your well informed decision. If the time it takes to ID the animal means the animal gets away. Too bad soo sad. That is hunting. If hunter's don't get these things engrained in their brains, then there is zero hope for the future of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    In this day and age of bad press, you have some of the elite telling us we need to stop posting hunting photos online and hide. Nope! Wrong answer! What we need to do is stop doing stupid shit like shooting dogs! If you can't tell a dog from a coyote at 200 yards, I suggest you buy a better spotting scope and some binos. Proper Species ID is a must as a hunter. And 99% of the time, that dog at 200 yards has an owner relatively close. What are we taught when it comes to proper gun handling. Know your target and know what is beyond your target. Stop and think and use things like binos and spotting scopes to make your well informed decision. If the time it takes to ID the animal means the animal gets away. Too bad soo sad. That is hunting. If hunter's don't get these things engrained in their brains, then there is zero hope for the future of hunting.
    The thought of people like coplin, jag and fin wandering around in the bush with a firearm, scare me way worse than anything the wilderness could throw at me.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Completely agree hunters need to ditch the theory of hiding what we do from the public to try and save hunting. But instead just put an end to the trigger happy slob actions that make hunters look bad

Seems like too many are rushing or trying to justify a reason to pull the trigger and have no respect for the bush

So much aggression guys. I think the OP just without thinking, posted his frustrations in a thoughtless way...possibly because a dog and his owner may have( in his mind) ruined his hunt. Maybe he is inexpercienced and frustrated. I know how he feels, I'm a self taught hunter of a measealy 8 years and still feel like a total beginner, in fact the skill I've learned the most is dealing with frustration by constantly reminding myself I'm having fun...lol !

Dana I think he just got his back up because you told him to get a life. I think if you shared your wisdom( and I mean that sincerely) with some of these inexpercienced guys that don't think before they speak in a more easy to take manner, you could actually create some better hunters. At any rate your pictures are amazing ! You have shot MULTIPLE deer of a size that most guys, my self included only dream of getting a chance at once in their lifetime ! I'm truly humbled by your hunting knowledge and ability to find animals of a caliber that I honestly can't even comprehend ! Just incredible Dana !!!

Last edited by Islander30; 10-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.

is it too much to ask for some persons like dana..labguy to read WHOLE story..//or are ya enjoining new legal SMOKE too much?.i didnt shoot it]/// i NEVER shot anybodys dog..why aggression toward to me?? i never had accident with my firearm in my close 70 years..not on my army year not on my rifle range many days...thousands shot.. i wanna keep it that way..

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    if dog owner let rover loose in forest..hunting time or when ever..it is not anyone else to blame but doggy owner himself..if something bad happens,,at least put some bright color for rover..i seen doggy been shot in bush [i didnt shoot it]..that doggy looks exatly like coyote 200y away..sad but true..
    So you are a responsible firearms user, do you not think it wrong to not ID a target before pulling the pin. How is some dog's owner responsible for very poor firearms usuage? That is where I have the problem. Dog owners are not to blame. On lead or off. So what if a dog owner has the dog on lead but the hunter has a shitty 3x scope and pulls the pin on coyote looking dog at 200 yards. Lets say the owner was wearing natural colours and was not as obvious to the naked eye as that 'coyote' walking in front of them. Do you not see why it is important to ID your target with spotting scope and binos. Blaming dog owners for being out enjoying the outdoors with their pet during hunting season is just silly. Hunters need to practice safe firearm usage at all times.
    Last edited by dana; 10-26-2018 at 08:21 PM.