Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Re: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

dana throwing straight right hands, BANG! A power left upper cut BOOM! Knockin his adversary for a spin and a stoopid grin WHAM!
    Photo after photo of monster mules and deadly preds someone
    -- Monster after monster whaaa is it Halloween or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
    Jelly MU 3- two 8 - we do appreciate -- BAM! -- thank yah 3 -- the region 3 -- what 4? Come alive -- go hog wild -- like a real wild child -- up dah rivers -- more hore!

^^^^wow, you accidentally double up on the dose this morning Jelly...LOL

Maybe if we get proportional representation Jelly will get a MLA seat. It would do my heart good job watching him confound other politicians. Sure might be unproductive, so what else is new about govt?

I see Coplin hasn’t posted again. Probably out hunting deer in Oak Bay and getting mad at all the shih-tzu’s

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    no wonder dana hardly visits this site anymore lol. just youth bashing threads and threads like these reading these threads annoy the hell out of me, i feel the need to vent but i know it will do nothing so i keep my mouth shut.
    FYI, the reason Dana was absent was due to getting punted, banned for similar diatribe such as his posts here on this thread. You have to understand that Dana's ego runs large. He implies the persona of Jermemiah Johnson and truthfully, he does spend more time outdoors than most by the nature of his job. A legend in his mind and it grows larger with each stroke he gets from his followers.
    Fear of dogs. Certain dogs must be feared. If you happen upon a dog that shows aggression, chances are you might be getting bit. A dog that is afraid may show teeth, but it will most always turn sideways and have its tail in the lowered, tightly tucked position and do a sidestep retreat.
    A number of years ago, I had a feral dog encounter. Actually, three dogs, a male, a bitch and I presume their nearly adult pup. I was returning to my truck nearby when these dogs happened along. I thought it was unusual for the location since there was no human habitation in the locale. I quickly came to the conclusion that they had no fear and did not like my presence. The male started to advance and I was now at my truck so I just hopped in. I rolled the window down a bit and started to talk to him, but his response was a very menacing rumbling growl. I started the truck and he rejoined his entourage and all three trotted off up the road a ways before entering into the forest. It was then I thought I should have stroked him when there was a chance. I related the story to a fellow a few weeks later that I met in the same area. He too had seen them but only while he was driving toward them. As he neared, they jumped off road. He slowed at that spot only to discover that they came back onto the road a couple of hundred feet behind him. Now when I encounter a dog in the bush, if there is not a human close by and he sports no "gear", I consider him feral and I will shoot him if he is not in retreat. Wolves and coyotes have a fear of man, feral dogs do not.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Now when I encounter a dog in the bush, if there is not a human close by and he sports no "gear", I consider him feral and I will shoot him if he is not in retreat. Wolves and coyotes have a fear of man, feral dogs do not.

This is completely over over the top. How many feral dog attacks have there been on hunters in the bush? None that I know of. To even add this to your list of " things to worry about" when your hunting is totally absurd. You sir, need a serious reality check.

And to add, if this happened to one of my dogs it would not end well.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Looks like Jag has to look what is down his pants. He laughs at Coplin's inappropriate remark regarding my name but then gets offended when the same remark is applied to him. Hmm, sounds like hurt pussy and Coplins fancy word fits Jag just perfect. Hahaha. if Jag does pull the pin on any dog that he sees not wearing a collar, then he will make himself very famous as hunter's get yet another newstory badrap in this province. With the world full of cameras these days, his face will indeed be imfamous.

Jag needs to lay off the cough medicine...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

As has been stated before in this thread, only CO's and Peace officers are allowed to put down dogs running at large. Hunters that do are indeed breaking the law. Not only can that hunter be charges with improper use of a firearm, they can be sued for damages. And no, a judge is not going to side with the hunter based on his assessment that there was no collar so it was fair game. Maybe think before you type such nonsence.

dana knows more about the bush and mules and moose in the river country and lakes and forests of thee beauty Nor Rivers than any other person reading this post.
    -- jag's picked on someone a lil higher on the hunting pole -- Hahahahaha -
    Jel -- dana for Mayor of Region 3 and 5 folks --> someone who can work the computer as well -- with awesome photos --