Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Re: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

coplin. This has NOTHING to do with your rights as a hunter. Live with it or move to a different place. Personally, I'm not offended sitting in my stand if someone and their dog walks through the area. If I have an opportunity to connect/talk with them, I see it as an opportunity to give them a good perspective on hunting and shared use of the land.

I think you might want to consider that they walk their animals in their over the course of the entire year and you are the intruder.

Just saying.

You as a hunter have as much rights to enjoy and use the area as the dog owners do. I cant imagine hunting an area people routinely walk their dogs. It is crazy to think other people shouldn't use the bush because it's hunting season.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    coplin. This has NOTHING to do with your rights as a hunter. Live with it or move to a different place. Personally, I'm not offended sitting in my stand if someone and their dog walks through the area. If I have an opportunity to connect/talk with them, I see it as an opportunity to give them a good perspective on hunting and shared use of the land.

I think you might want to consider that they walk their animals in their over the course of the entire year and you are the intruder.

Just saying.
    100% agree Jim
    KCCO

In the arena of public opinion hunters are garbage, dogs are superior beings. Just keep that in mind no matter who is in the right

Unless they are deliberately disrupting your hunt, they have every right to be there too. Might be annoying but not illegal
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

You don’t own the land you’re hunting on, any other user group has as much right to be there as you do as long as they’re not breaking laws. If they were harassing you is another story but as long as they’re not, your rights don’t supersede theirs.

The on going opinion seems to be "learn to share, or find somewhere new"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Unless they are deliberately disrupting your hunt, they have every right to be there too. Might be annoying but not illegal
    ^^^ This is it in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    You as a hunter have as much rights to enjoy and use the area as the dog owners do. I cant imagine hunting an area people routinely walk their dogs. It is crazy to think other people shouldn't use the bush because it's hunting season.
    X2

also, not everyone necessarily knows when hunting season is, I can see it from both sides, we have 2 dogs and they’re on leashes full time, but that’s because they’re a couple of A holes lol. If I had a more outdoorsy dog and I was out hiking with no one around it’d probably be off leash if it was behaved, but I wouldn’t be the dick that lets his dog run up and down the beach during salmon season, I was out fishing one day years ago and turn around and there’s some guys dog trying to get at my lunch in my vest.

Hunting is not a right, it is a privilege and if I am running into dogs and their owners then I'm hunting to close to civilization to begin with! Where are you hunting to be running into non hunters?
    Place witty signature here.