Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Re: Hunters' rights encountering hikers with off leash dogs

Androgynous, now that is f****ng funny. Transgendered names. Looking at those old photos Dana posted, I can actually visualize a female face behind the whiskers. Reminds me of Chaz Bono, Sonny and Cher's aaahhhh, whatever.
    Good one Coplin.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post

As usual Dana, amazing pictures!

lol dana knows more about game than by far most bioligist good job....i am ok he knows alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    So the question is, will coplin be an 'androgynous' pussy and log off and sign up under a new name and try to forget he ever started such a ridiculous thread, or will he be man enough to get back up and keep on fighting?
    I’m glad you slammed colbin with your faked photos of all your “fur babies”! I hunt with my two dogs regularly (in blaze orange vests so some idiot like colbin doesnt shoot one), and I may or may not be kidding when I say if some idiot shoots one of my dogs, he may fall victim to a hunting accident himself...

People will walk their dogs off leash in the woods. That’s reality. All you guys that shoot ‘yotes or wolves on sight, please take a second or two to make sure you’re not shooting my or another hunters bird dog!

Quote Originally Posted by coplin View Post
    what are our rights as hunters', engaged in hunting in a legal hunting area,during legal hunting season;when we encounter persons in the same area who elect to walk/hike in the area with their dog(s) off leash ? Can't these people give us hunters' our short 3 months of enjoyment....?

Seems only vaguely addressed in the BC Wildlife act.. More specific about using dogs for hunting on leash or off leash for upland or wetland birds, but then these type dogs are with hunters' so that's obvious.

Not looking for debates or rants about "woofie's" need to be free.
    Coplin, the key here is "encounter persons". Everybody has a right to freely walk their dogs when they go for a hike. Off leash too, however, I like mine on a leash, I don't want him bringing back unexpected company in hot pursuit. So, it's quite likely you're hunting too close to an urban area and it is in your best interest to move somwhere else.
    It begs the question though, how can you tell the difference from a "tame" dog and a feral dog? Suppose you are walking up a lightly used logging road and look up to see a dog or maybe two heading in your direction at a quick pace. You give a hollar at them but they only slow slightly and they are not wagging their tails. You don't hear anyone trying to call them back. What would you do?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

my big dog looks like a wolf and my small one looks like a coyote...they have a blazing orange collar...

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’m glad you slammed colbin with your faked photos of all your “fur babies”! I hunt with my two dogs regularly (in blaze orange vests so some idiot like colbin doesnt shoot one), and I may or may not be kidding when I say if some idiot shoots one of my dogs, he may fall victim to a hunting accident himself...

People will walk their dogs off leash in the woods. That’s reality. All you guys that shoot ‘yotes or wolves on sight, please take a second or two to make sure you’re not shooting my or another hunters bird dog!
    Blaze orange vest certainly determines that it's not feral. I have used them on mine dog too, with a reflective stripe.
    However, if the dog is wearing the gear but comes at me in an aggressive manner showing teeth and you are not there to call it off. It's going to be a dead dog and we will discuss it in the manner you choose. We have seen all too often when the occurrence of an dog attack on another dog or person, the owner bolts for parts unknown, never to be seen again. It's your responsibility to control your dog at all time, regardless of where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by coplin View Post
    Crown Land, The law is quite clear that dogs are never allowed to be off leash in a wildlife habitat area unless specific signs are posted stating otherwise but people do it anyways
    This is what I was told on the trapping course. I have failed to find which law prohibits dogs being off leash in the bush. Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    It's your responsibility to control your dog at all time, regardless of where you are.
    I agree 100%. Unless you’re dressed in a giant quail or grouse suit, you’ll be safe from my dog! He has zero interest in humans.

I have a big German Shepherd I love to take out with me whenever I can. Hes just young and still training so I keep him on leash unless im confident there are no other people about. The human is always responsible for their dog. With that being said, I could definitely see someone mistaking him as a wolf, do you guys have any brands of orange dog blazers you've found you like best?
    Last edited by Golddust; 10-25-2018 at 11:15 PM.