Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 'She was coming at me with her mouth open': B.C. man shoots grizzly in front yard

Re: 'She was coming at me with her mouth open': B.C. man shoots grizzly in front yard

^^^^lifetime ban for this clown....please and thank you.

Re: 'She was coming at me with her mouth open': B.C. man shoots grizzly in front yard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    Those that refuse to recognize the real danger of habitulated animals attacking and injuring
    people they come across, or are accidently cornered or feel threatened by, are only fueling the
    possibility of someone getting badly hurt or even killed. Even within towns foolish people will
    feed and encourage wild animals to visit because those people think all animals are 'Walt Disney"
    critters, are cute and cuddly, and couldn't possibly hurt anyone...until someone, often a child, is
    attacked by a raccoon, deer, coyote, or even a squirrel. Either encouraging the habituation or
    ignoring the dangers is not good for the animal or it's possible victims, period!

Yet the same same people who knock this guy’s frustration and handling of the situation wouldn’t tolerate a human being that might be a threat to their family if one was in their yard. How many times does it have to be repeated that there are too many bears and too many rules protecting the damn things. They don’t belong in settled areas! Period!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Sadly, try as we might, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...
    I don't think anyone can convince someone bent on going upstream when everyone else
    is heading down stream that they're going in the wrong direction. As so many have very
    well pointed out, even describing actual serious events because people didn't realize or think
    wild animals can be extremely dangerous, there are some that are bent on wearing rose coloured
    glasses...until they suffer the same tradegy as Timothy Treadwell, or even worse, witness their
    family getting mauled or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Yet the same same people who knock this guy’s frustration and handling of the situation wouldn’t tolerate a human being that might be a threat to their family if one was in their yard. How many times does it have to be repeated that there are too many bears and too many rules protecting the damn things. They don’t belong in settled areas! Period!
    You couldnt go do that to human if he/she was a threat to your family, seems like there is way more rules protecting certain humans. watch the news and see what they can do to other humans and basically get away with it. All though there has been a few cases lately were some land/property owners have been able to protect there property but think it cost them a lot in lawyer fees unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    This post shows a lot about your character, and to answer one of your comments have had to track /look for a few different predators wounded by hunters.
    And I personally like hunting bears and hope to get to hunt grizzly again, and don't think much of what some of you post is helping to get the season
    back in any way or putting hunters in a good light.
    I’m not sure why you’re making this thread about hunters and Grizzly hunting. I may have missed it, but I don’t think anyone has commented on what they do when they’re “hunting” Grizzly bears. Just commenting on dealing with a dangerous problem animal.

One year my brother had a lot of trouble with a black bear. He called the CO’s for help and was told they could put out a trap for it but there were none available at the time and staff was spread too thin to provide much help. He asked what he should do, and was told to just shoot it if it continued to be a problem. He asked if he should contact them if he kills it, and was told not to bother, just dispose of it.

I personally don’t care if the guy in the video could have done things differently or not, it’s always easy to have a better idea after the fact. In the end, the safety of him, his family and his property is more important to me than that of the animals.
    A Grizzly is no more or less important to me than a moose, deer, pig, chicken, etc, etc,,,,. I thinks its very hard for humans to cohabitate with dangerous wild animals no matter what they are and human safety will always be number one.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 10-26-2018 at 10:18 PM.

How is he an idiot? Hunters now sounding like anti hunting snowflakes? WTF

Agree! Can't believe all these "hunters" sounding off like west Van snowflakes. Give the guy a break. Old school way of sending bears a message. Ass full of birdshot. Guarantee she doesn't come back and his kids are a bit safer!

Amen! Agree 100%

Not in the face tho, the bear wood be blinded by the shot and that is not right no matter what.

--Shoot bear real low in the bottom leg area, not in the face, it's a disgrace for the human race blinding an animal on purpose.

Jelly Bear -- If the bear is in fuull charge towards you and coming like no to morrow then, anything goes to save your life --

Good man! You did right thing...as if you need me to tell you that.