Thread: Finally have a few extra days off and want to explore some new turf

Finally have a few extra days off and want to explore some new turf

Its my 2nd year hunting and I managed to get some success last year on the island... Ive gone out for 5 weekends so far this season and came close once, but not able to seal the deal... Got full draw on a 2x2 at 40yd in bow season, too bad the doe was standing in the way till they spooked lol.

Ive hunted Boston bar, princeton, highland valley, and tunkwa lake... all very pressured areas, but I ussually get off the road and hike around a lot

This year, highland valley was over run with wild horses and wolf scat

Now with a few extra days off this weekend, I was hoping to drive a little further and explore some new turf... filling a tag is kinda important, but I also just want to go learn an area for future years too.

I was leaning towards region 8 since Ive never really been out thay way yet

If anyone could a recommend a vague area or road to check out as a starting point, preferably one thats good for hiking! I would be very appreciative.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finally have a few extra days off and want to explore some new turf

Google Earth and go... Anything anyone is going to recommend you on a public forum is going to be beat the hell by road hunters already.

Just go, park and hike. You don't need someone to pick a starting point for you. Even if there were 200 deer on one road last year, what do you think the odds of them being there a year and four seasons later !? Pick a spot you'd enjoy exploring and go.

MU 8-3
    Ashnola - Cathedral Lakes

1. Five k west of Keremeos, the Ashnola River Road turns off Hwy 3 to cross the Similkameen on an old covered bridge, then up thru the open country side my friends, to --- ---> lightly timbered ridges. Good hunting for trophy size mule deer bucks in here, monster fours. You see more as you explore!
    2. -- also goat and cali- Bighorn sheep -- big ones on BC LEH -- the some milk I mean -- > Thee eyes, thee guts, and thee legs my friend, -> Tenacity! Perseverance!
    3. --- Head in here and park where you like, and you can hike until your butt gives out, everyday in Muley and sheep paradise -- beyond world class --
    4. ---> a purr fect spot to hunt trophy size mule deer -- up by Keremeos -- this woody be perfect for you -- year after year and get to know -- better each time

A.------ 5 k west of Keremeos, the Ashnola River road turns off into big mule deer buck country, known for monster mules -- take a drive up and look - hey -- young legs --------B --- Might as well hunt and hike in paradise of the muley, sheep and goat kind friend a mine! Let us know as you go
    --------------> C --- Check your recent BC Hunting Regulations for all Up to date rules and regs ---- check maps -- check your pulse Hahahaha <--------------//-= BC Special!
    Jelly Vis -- Kare Ah Me House -- Monster Mules -- Record Size -- > look - love - hike - hunt - All the way to muley heaven - we'll go all the wayyy!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-23-2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

With the exception of Highland valley where my dad told me to check out (who doesnt even hunt lol), thats how ive come across every spot I have.... but ive also wasted a lot of time heading somewhere just to find out the road is trashed or gated or the google earth most recent image is like 7rs old and the landscape is completely overgrown or burnt down. I dont know anyone that hunts and have gone 90% of my trips solo or with my friend i convinced to get his CORE. So while I appreciate your advice, it would be preferable to drive 6hrs and atleast know ill be able to check out the area ,whether its busy or not

Ill keep that spot in mind Jelly, appreciate it pal

just go to rock creek man...

big area but there will be animals and great exploring..