Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doe season do you agree with it??

Re: Doe season do you agree with it??

I am willing to take a wt doe vs a muley buck in my area. Most does have twins this year, i hold out to find obe without fawns but rather take one of them vs a muley buck as muley pops are way down. Wt does are less meat but better tasting.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I think the antlerless season is great. Keeps WTD populations where they need to be, great opportunity for hunters to fill the freezer with some good meat.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Hey all

This has likely been talked about a lot but I’m wonder what people think about the open season for WT doe. I live and hunt in region 8 and I personally don’t agree and wouldn’t take a doe, you need females to make babies so we can have more bucks. That’s just my personal not scientific opinion! What’s do you guys think?
    I love wt does. Very tasty and easy to transport. Not sure if a three week period once a year qualifies as OPEN SEASON.

I

yes .
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

numbers are too low for it in most areas, plus the amount of mule deer does I find people leave in the bush is sad mistaking them for whitetail, when numbers are good its all good, right now seasons need to be removes or shortened until some kind of recovery is seen

I used to be totally against this opening, but have recently become all for it. With the predator numbers being so high then LETS harvest everything we can before they do. Bring numbers down on everything so the cats and dogs move along or starve.
    Also as an avid whitetail hunter I still see a decent number of deer. Just don't see them driving into or out of my spots.

So some HBC people in Region 8 want to stop the youth hunt and now the WT doe hunt. I just spent a day and a half in Reg 8 and saw LOTS of WT does. Most on farm land but we busted them up high as well. Keep it up and all hunting will be banned.

Edit.

Forget it , posting pictures on this site is needlessly painful.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 10-22-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Great. Another post questioning how we feel about a legal hunt. Maybe we can get 21 pages out of this one.Too many people looking for excuses as to why they can,t get an animal. I would rather see some posts of whitetail does dead than a post where the OP would like to see more limited hunting opportunities.

^^^^^i agree, I think people truly underestimate the whitetail deer....they are an incredible, thriving, adaptable species...most of region 8 especially has good WT numbers, the WT adapt when the majority of hunters don't, then they think there's no WT..as others have said, winter is the bottleneck for survival, not hunting...a good book that I suggest people on here read is called Whitetail Advantage..