Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Doe season do you agree with it??

Re: Doe season do you agree with it??

You keep making bold statements that the BC Gov is some how not meeting your expectations for wildlife management. Thats too bad
    But don't assume they don't have a plan or that there has not been collaboration with hunters nd citizens on how to best manage for all users
    documents are easy to find shwoing where Gov has reached out and listened to those at the table

In the past you have also compared the BC mangement to other jurisdictions in NA and make the statement that somehow BC is out to lunch on decisions pertaining to wildlife
    Yet you never have come up with examples of any plan from anywhere that would be better for BC . BC can't be compared to any province east of us
    nor can it be compared to States south of us because of the unique combination of factors we have here that are not mirrored anywhere else

No , BC does not have a plan to maximize deer populations or any other species. BC manages for hunter opportunity where possible and where pops will sustain it
    There is a purpose to what they do, and other hunters agree with it.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Many examples have been given over time and have even recommended studies from other areas. Have even shown the rest of the management plan numbers and how there was mixed management in the examples being used

Have I posted links no but yes I have posted where info can be found, and examples in past threads

Like you stated BC has there management plans and yes some hunters agree with them but with how often many debates come up far from all agree with how wildlife is managed in BC

No lack of issues in BC past and present because of this no doubt there is reason to question things

We are both entitled to our opinions and what we would like to see as is everyone else

The way I see it for every buck I come across I see at least ten does we need bucks to make babies too so why not take out a few does?

an important point on this matter is. IIRC, there are more eco-types (not hippies but types of ecosystems that support different habitats and species) in BC than in all of the rest of Canada combined...we have the most complex wildlife interactions... unlike mountain states to the south, we have full on severe winters that can and do devastate various species of wildlife at various times...not making excuses for past mismanagement, just pointing out the realities of BC wildlife management

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    The way I see it for every buck I come across I see at least ten does we need bucks to make babies too so why not take out a few does?
    You need does to make babies...too
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

LOTS OF does around tunqkwa ,,very few bucks......and even 2 bucks less now....cheers f..G

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    With WT even running trail cams a lot of bucks stay hidden till Nov. This is not just a BC thing as I have seen the same trend in Alberta and friends/family in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario have found the same. This can be a dramatic increase in buck numbers

They know how to hide lol

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Hey all

This has likely been talked about a lot but I’m wonder what people think about the open season for WT doe. I live and hunt in region 8 and I personally don’t agree and wouldn’t take a doe, you need females to make babies so we can have more bucks. That’s just my personal not scientific opinion! What’s do you guys think?
    Game management should all be done on personal opinions not scientific principles - But the order should be 1) wolves 2) spring B-Bear; 3) cougar/lynx; 4) B-Bear; then 5) doe season and finally 6) trophy bucks/sheep/goats

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    You need does to make babies...too
    And harvest spread across all age classes and both sexes is healthiest for any population.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."