Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Bag Limit notification

Deer Bag Limit notification

Just received an email from Chris Procter out of the blue clarifying deer bag limits. Anyone else?
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer Bag Limit notification

Not me. I found that it was quite easy to read the deer bag limits. Pretty simple can't go over seasonal bag limits can't go over Regional bag limits and can't go over provincial bag limits

I thought it was confusing until several years ago I found the summary table (on page 17 this year) -makes it pretty clear

Just found it odd because I never requested the info, but received it in an email from Provincial Govt.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

This is what I received:

There are two classes of bag limits, Provincial and Regional, neither of which can be exceeded.

Provincial Regulation Change (from page 17 of the 2018-2020 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Synopsis):
    Hunters may not harvest more than 3 deer in one license year. Only 1 of these 3 deer may be a mule (black-tailed) deer buck from Regions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7A, 7B, and 8 combined. Therefore hunters may harvest 3 white-tailed deer (if they purchase 3 white-tailed deer licenses) or 3 mule (black-tailed) deer (if they purchase 3 mule (black-tailed) deer licenses), or a combination of white tailed and mule (black-tailed) deer (1+2 or 2+1) providing they do not exceed the provincial limit of 3 and not more than 1 mule (black-tailed) deer buck from Regions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7A, 7B, and 8 combined.

Region 3 (Thompson) Regulation Change (from page 43 of the 2018-2020 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Synopsis):
    The aggregate bag limit for deer is 3. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer is 1. Antlerless mule (black-tailed) deer are under LEH only. The bag limit for white-tailed deer is two, either sex. Therefore, within Region 3, hunters holding the appropriate licenses may only harvest 1 mule (black-tailed) deer and two white-tailed deer. Other combinations, up to the provincial bag limit of 3 deer, are possible if hunters harvest deer in other regions.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss the rationale supporting these changes, please contact Chris Procter via email: Chris.Procter@gov.bc.ca or by phone at 250-371-6250.
    -Abraham Lincoln

I got the same thing from Sean O'Donovan. I had contacted them months ago about this (someone had claimed CO's had told them something other than the way I interpreted the rules)

I got the same email,maybe selected because I have a region 3 doe LEH or because I have 2 mule deer tags with the hopes of getting a buck in region 8 and my doe in region 3.

Probably sent out those with a Region 3 doe LEH. A friendly reminder since the Nov LEH opener is coming up quick. If you already have cut your Region 3 mule deer on a buck, you can't use your LEH.

dana good clarifications I dig that, you know the regs and hey, can help hunters understand them with the proper intent.
    Jel -- You Clear dah Water -- Hahaha -- good stuff brah --

I have doe LEH for that region and I received the same email today, from Sean O'Donovan as well. For a second I thought they have changed rules and I'll be able to get buck and doe from 3-30.
    Last edited by Luka77; 10-23-2018 at 10:09 PM.