Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bar deer hunting

Boston Bar deer hunting

Thinking about the Boston Bar area. I heard Anderson forestry service road and spuzzum holds some deer, interested in hiking more than road hunting so hiking in won’t be a problem wondering about the area if it’s worth it or to head up the highway more. Looking for somewhere about 2 hours from lower mainland for a day trip and maybe some over nighters

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boston Bar deer hunting

If I was you I would go another 25 min. Opens up some more around LyNtton

i was looking at some of those open hill sides off the highway yesterday on my drive. I would park off the highway and hike straight up the hill...I bet you would see no people and lots of deer.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    I would park off the highway and hike straight up the hill...
    but wouldn't that get a guy sweating? Clammy...cold...miserable.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

That's some steep country

I shot a grouse in a tree about 20 yards off the road last weekend... had to scramble 50M down the slope (cliff?) to retrieve it then climb back up. Can't imagine if was a deer lol

There are deer around. I have seen the odd doe but don't know the area will enough to have figured out the deer.

Boston Bar is also very thick. As RackStar mention, you get into a little more open country driving a bit further.

The deer are in there ..... not like years ago, some of the old pockets still hold them .... if you see a wolf kill em dead
    do not hesitate.

Steep thick country up there. I would spend my time elsewhere but that's just me

All ther is up Anderson now is wolves. And a lot of them.

Tons of wolves. Some Deer sign But see. Very little in terms of actual deer. Done about 8 trips to the area this season. Cut my Mule tag elsewhere.

Just got back an hour ago from out trip, started near Lytton and hunted around there and south west for Saturday, got 2 grouse and saw one big black bear, no deep, today we started our drive from 80km past Boston bar and head through nahatlach to east Harrison, no signs of anything

Might have to go after some wolves seems like a big problem this year