Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Bear locations

Black Bear locations

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to good spots for fall bear hunting.

I'd prefer a location in the fraser valley. But am willing to travel.

I've searched and have checked out American creek FSR just outside of hope, and have headed up the Squamish river forest service road and numerous off branches.
    I didn't manage to locate any bear poop anywhere. I found numerous openings with berries and lots of food sources but no bear poop anywhere.

Any suggestions welcomed.

I am hunting specifically for meat (not a hide person). So prefer spots away from garbage.

TIA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Black Bear locations

Watched a nice one munching alfalfa tonight while I was waiting for the whitetail deer to show up. Quite a way from the LML though.

Quote Originally Posted by butche View Post
    Watched a nice one munching alfalfa tonight while I was waiting for the whitetail deer to show up. Quite a way from the LML though.
    Geoff..are the bear numbers lower this year? Seems to be much lower in Cariboo east . seen only 4 bears. .non big.
    Hope you get your deer.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Ps going out for deer where a big bruin has been for a few weeks..happen to have a spare bear tag next to my mule deer tag..lol

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Geoff..are the bear numbers lower this year? Seems to be much lower in Cariboo east . seen only 4 bears. .non big.
    Hope you get your deer.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Ps going out for deer where a big bruin has been for a few weeks..happen to have a spare bear tag next to my mule deer tag..lol
    Wonder what would make their numbers drop, if in fact they have.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

^^^a poor berry season last year perhaps?

I haven't had a season where bear sign was as scarce as it was this fall. I didn't even see a bear, I saw the odd scat and that's it...except for the one that Knicks over my garbage can every night

I’ve seen atleast one bear every day I’ve been in the bush this year and I hunt every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hope you get your deer.
    Cheers
    Steven

Lots around here but haven’t seen a good one for some time. You could do well hunting the local subdivisions. Just need a van with a sliding side door and do drive by shootings in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Lots around here but haven’t seen a good one for some time. You could do well hunting the local subdivisions. Just need a van with a sliding side door and do drive by shootings in the dark.

Ya come by my house around mid night. There’s one the siZe of a cattle that keeps vandalizing, he’s a monster... potentially book.

All jokes aside PG had a pretty bumper crop year for Berries. If your willing to travel come take 2.

Odd to hear reports of low bear numbers. We saw a decent amount over the Spring and Summer and we have seen one every weekend the last two trips... scat everywhere too.

I suspect one bear was a tank. We camped way up a hill and figured the thermals would be going up at first light. Wrong... but worked out way down anyway. My brother spotted a bear @ 500 yards and pointed it out. It was already standing on it's hind legs decide to wander off in the bush by the time we got to 400 yards. I don't have much experience with spotting bears from far away, but being able to see the outline and everything in detail from that decides made me think BIG BEAR lol

American Creek? Hmm I have never checked out that road. Not sure how high up it goes. All the bear sign / action we're seeing is around 1000M. I would recommend driving a little further up the Canyon and then gaining some elevation to get into a mountain berry blackie.