Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: area 342

area 342

Anybody have any luck with Moose this year? How were the wolf packs? I was up there last year and heard wolves howling every night.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: area 342

Ok, I guess there are no hunters in the Adams Lake area. Good to hear, I have been going up there for the last 5 years with buddies that live up there. Last year we got moose, whities and mulies. Heading up Thursday for a week to fill some tags. Good luck out there!

I would be curious how it is. I just moved to the area but haven't been out that way yet.

Talked to a group up there this weekend that had seen nothing in a week. Don’t know what kind of hunters they were.

Very few guys have even seen a moose this year but many still put in for those low odds thinking the moose hunting is easy. Good luck. Not a tag I'd care to have.

I was just up in 3-42 for the weekend. There were 3 major camps setup that I saw with 2-4 vehicles each, wall tents, trailers and the kind of setup that makes it seem they'll be there awhile.

From Friday night to Sunday mid-day I saw 10+ grouse, 3 mule doe, 1 lynx, moderate moose and elk sign, minimal bear sign and heard no wolves. We were on both sides of the Adams river, from the lake up past TumTum. Snow level is high with only 2-3 inches of hardback in the shadows.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

Saw zero moose, 10 mulie does, 3 black bears and one big grizzly way back behind Scotch Creek. Was there for a week. One group we met stumbled across a spike fork, the only moose they saw the whole time they were there.

Had that draw last year - there for 10 days saw one cow moose. Three cow elk and heard two bulls bugling... no deer. Lots of wolf shit. Spoke to the gentleman that traps the area. He hadn't seen a bull up there in a few years, although if there are cows there will be a bull not far away. he has trapped 70 wolves over the last 10 years from 3-42 and they are still there in numbers. I have since heard that you should float the river... not much river access if you are not on it.

started scouting 338 last may 1.moose sighting

gay

Well looks like there are hunters up there after all. Wolves have been a problem up there for years but there is game around Adams Lake, you just have to find it. Saw a nice herd of Elk swimming the Adams River last year, 200 yards away from our camp, nice to see. I will give an update when I get back. One of my buddies got his 3x2 mulie in this area last weekend. Good luck for the last week of any buck month!