Thread: "Sate of the Art" camo

"Sate of the Art" camo

In a hunting magazine, I saw a picture of a guy in super expensive "State of the art " camo , with his back to a tree ,blending in perfectly with the tree. I burst out laughing. "Impressive camo " I thought, but what would be even more impressive, would be the intelligence to skip the expensive camo, and sit BEHIND the tree. Then, one can pick one's nose, scratch ones ass, turn the page in a book, or fiddle with the MP3 player, with no chance of being seen by a deer in front of the tree. No camo can blend you in better . The tree makes a great bench rest for your shot, not an option with the tree behind you. The side of your face peeking around it makes a pretty small object for any deer to see. Or, you can make up a small periscope out of ABS plastic fittings ,and put a couple of ears on it, to make it look like a squirrel peeking around the tree. Not much chance of alarming deer that way.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: "Sate of the Art" camo

Ya, you got it figured out ... gotta go to the garage make my plastic periscope now. Cant believe I dont have one yet

Well, don’t get your Kuiu’s in a knot...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Ya, you got it figured out ... gotta go to the garage make my plastic periscope now. Cant believe I dont have one yet
    Make me one too please

You are joke! I hate that attitude.

Who the hell uses MP3s. I only listen to tapes in the bush while wearing my 501s.

In all honesty sometimes it comes down to what you're comfortable in and what inspires confidence. It's hard to not default to a certain steelhead presentation for me even when the conditions dont call for it exactly .... just because it boosts my confidence to be using it.

If wearing specific camo for one type of terrain and another for different terrain makes you more confident, and you can afford multiple sets .... then have at it.

And sometimes it's all about priority.... I've see dudes with $4000 swaro binos around their neck but $19.99 Canadian tire rubber boots on. Others will have head to toe Sitka and $600 LaSportiva mountaineering boots on but a $200 scope on their rifle.