Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpenter Lake 2018 for Deer and Bear?

Carpenter Lake 2018 for Deer and Bear?

Hello Everyone,

I used to spend a lot of time hunting in the Kamloops area, but came across some old posts around the Carpenter Lake area. I did a few motorcycle trips to Gold Bridge and love the area. Most deer hunting reports I read are pre-2010, which is often a sign for the area having lost its appeal.

Has anyone been in the area recently? Any success, and if so, any tips on where to start?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Carpenter Lake 2018 for Deer and Bear?

PM coming your way

Seen some mulies north of Marshall Lake in the burn. The Relay area looks like it should hold some nice deer country.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Seen some mulies north of Marshall Lake in the burn. The Relay area looks like it should hold some nice deer country.
    I haven't been up there since I was a kid!
    thinking that might be an area I want to revisit as well.

I have spent some time there mainly in the high country. Spent a week there this Oct. Saw lots of deer, group was able to harvest a big bodied 2 pt. Did not see one bear which was weird. There are a lot of deer up behind Marshall and 5 Mile but its becoming a very busy place. Never seen so many hunters in there. After this last trip I wont go back unless it's up in the alpine early season.

Relay Creek - Taylor Basin - Cinnabar etc ALL a Good chance at a GREAT 4 x 4 Muley - RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Relay Creek - Taylor Basin - Cinnabar etc ALL a Good chance at a GREAT 4 x 4 Muley - RJ
    Are there still some of those big GBear up there in Cinnibar?? these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Are there still some of those big GBear up there in Cinnibar?? these days?
    Not being up here for many Years BUT i BET there is ! Was lots in the Huckleberry Patches - RJ

I was up there late august and could not believe the mountain bikers there now. Dil dil , graveyard and even up tosh all over run with mountain bikers. While we were in there a lost mountain biker with nothing but what he was wearing was picked up with a rescue helicopter. The whole valley was rattled. If your going up that way you need to get way off the beaten path. Literally.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I was up there late august and could not believe the mountain bikers there now. Dil dil , graveyard and even up tosh all over run with mountain bikers. While we were in there a lost mountain biker with nothing but what he was wearing was picked up with a rescue helicopter. The whole valley was rattled. If your going up that way you need to get way off the beaten path. Literally.
    ^^THIS^^ I spent much of my childhood up there on horseback, then on quad and dirtbike as a young adult. Very different place nowadays as it's become the back yard for whistlerites who think whistler is too busy now. What a shame.

I can't comment on the game numbers there now, but you'd better get a long way off the beaten path... I'll never forget one evening we were trying to make it from little paradise down toward lorna through the back of the Tyaughton (Pre GPS days...), and got turned around going down the wrong ravine as darkness approached... Camped on the side hill with the horses and had to go back the way we came the next morning, but that evening we saw a few mulies, a bull moose, four grizzlies, a pack of wolves and two wolverines within a km or so of camp. That was cool.

Another time I was sitting in the outhouse at the graveyard cabin when a grizzly chased a cow moose between the cabin and the outhouse... That was exciting. The grizzly walked past about 15 minutes later back to where he came from.. He was a big guy, but no moose for him that night.

Let us know what you find!!!

TJ