Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carpenter Lake 2018 for Deer and Bear?

Re: Carpenter Lake 2018 for Deer and Bear?

No, they didn't stop us, they just warned us the road was blocked at ??km. The wife has notes for rockhounding. The road hadn't been cleared of a big rock or two. . I wonder if a cat had pushed through this summer. If they have a checkpoint, it likely hasn't.

Lots of poaching up around that area. Bear parts etc....CO's are very vigilant around those parts. Keep within the rules and regs and they are very pleasant to deal with.
    A scouting trip early last summer saw more than a couple grizz wandering around. Maybe those guys will keep the biking population in control (kidding)

Cheers

hunted there many years ago then not for at least 10 years....tried there last year for my one and only hunting trip (long weekend only!!!) .....saw a family of moose but it was closed...saw zero deer nor any fresh sign in the 3 main areas we went...ran into a local guy who (standard caveat about locals lying) but he basically said every doe tag issued to locals puts about 10 deer into various peoples freezers and natives have taken the rest...heheheheh

Took a goat south of carpenter lake last year, fresh grizz tracks around, goats, couple does, Couple moose, few birds

five mile ridge totally deactivated cross ditched for top to bottom

Definitely not what it used to be. A shit ton of traffic and a rediculous amount of mtn bikers. I wouldn’t travel far to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by magnumjeff View Post
    You mean 9 mile ridge right?
    I always hiked up there never tried any other means getting to the top.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    You mean 9 mile ridge right?
    I always hiked up there never tried any other means getting to the top.
    There were a couple good spur roads off the pond that are now deactivated to shit. They tore the roads right up for more than a km. There is a back way in there though. Definatley some good spots if you hike around. Saw lots of deer only one buck and a couple spikes. A ton of traffic and lots of people hiking the ridges.

Quote Originally Posted by magnumjeff View Post
    Does anyone know who did this deactivation and why it was done?
    i have seen pics, and no way loggers are spending that much time or money to do that.
    so who?

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I rode my Yamaha TY250 Trials bike into Spruce Lake back in 1974 over the horse trail ! I Believe i was the First to Bike in there . RJ
    Did you ever ride with Jon Anderson and Bill Epplett? They were TY originals who hung around that area in that era. Jon still does.