Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havalon Knife

Re: Havalon Knife

Outdoor edge is better. Sturdier blades and better handle than the havelon. Feels like a real knife with the surgical edge.

I don't own one, but I hunt with a guy that does. Yes, it's worth the money just for the saw blade alone. I've seen it blitz through pelvis, spine, ribs and skulls in a manner of seconds, including large bears. The blades are razor sharp and the gut hooks are like little zippers. I for one, am going to replace my Outdoor Edge Razor for a Havalon as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Outdoor edge is better. Sturdier blades and better handle than the havelon. Feels like a real knife with the surgical edge.
    Iv got both as well and while the outdoor edge is sturdier I much prefer the havalon blades.

I like the Havalon better as well, it takes up less pocket space than my bic lighter. Debated this yesterday, a friend asked how many blades I've broken cutting ankles and hips. I said none, i know how to use it. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

For the record, I recently fondled the new Havalon Talon and I didnt like it one bit.

Brad

Well thank you all as I was getting disappointed as nothing on here this morning to make me grin till now .

Love my Havalon Piranta.
    I use it for field dressing, skinning and butchering.
    Never broke a blade....
    nothing more dangerous than a dull knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunner View Post
    what model you guys think is the best for skinning?
    If you can nothing does a better skinning job then your bare hands compliments from the butcher every time..if you can leave the little flap of skin by the flanks you know your doing good

Obviously cold animals this is next to impossible

Quote Originally Posted by pin_head View Post
    I like the Havalon better as well, it takes up less pocket space than my bic lighter. Debated this yesterday, a friend asked how many blades I've broken cutting ankles and hips. I said none, i know how to use it. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

For the record, I recently fondled the new Havalon Talon and I didnt like it one bit.

Brad
    guess I have to eat crow, I broke a blade yesterday cutting out rib meat. We used the little havalon gut hook for the first time and it opened him up like a zipper, very neat.

Still think the piranta is the best thing going!

Brad

have both but I prefer the outdoor edge . Easier and less dangerous to change blades