Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Havalon Knife

Re: Havalon Knife

Quote Originally Posted by .308SLAYER View Post
    If you can nothing does a better skinning job then your bare hands compliments from the butcher every time..if you can leave the little flap of skin by the flanks you know your doing good
    yes...this!!! clean hand... point the first knuckle with thumb beside...push and twist for perfect skinning every time

Anyone ever break their havalon piranta. Just noticed
    Mine is cracked on one side where the blade end pivot point is..

I have the Outdoor Edge. I do like it a lot. Like the Havalon it has an orange handle it stands out in low light if it is put aside while field dressing. The handle is also nice and grippy even with wet/bloody hands. The blades are incredibly sharp and easy to change when you have to. I carry it in my kill kit.
    I do carry a fixed blade skinning knife on my belt. It is cruelly sharp and complements the Outdoor Edge well with its sturdier blade. I also feel that a man should have a fixed blade on his belt while out hunting. It's just the way I see it.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    The trick is to remember that it’s a scalpel and not a pry bar lol
    Isn't that the truth.

Love it, but been a b!tch to find replacement blades during hunting season - Always carry a shart fixed blade

OH MY and I thought just my youngest son was simple as I am so glade that others are as well was it drunken sex or ?

If you can nothing does a better skinning job then your bare hands compliments from the butcher every time..if you can leave the little flap of skin by the flanks you know your doing good
    Obviously cold animals this is next to impossible
    100% agree Slayer, best way to get hands warm in Buck season. I actually prefer a thicker more blunt edge when the deer is hung up warm to skin, seems to glide right through the tissue and with a little hand work easily separates hide from meat. That being said, run in to a tough old one (or a moose) and that changes drastically. I currently carry a Morakniv on the hip and a ancient folding Buck skinner with gut hook in the pack. I do have respect for both the Outdoor edge and Havalon blade and system, have seen both in action during elk season and both do quick clean work in the right hands (as said before - smooth is fast) Am hoping for Outdoor Edge Field Butcher pack hardcase kit under the tree this year.
    Process and pack 100% of our wild game at home. - sausages too!!
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm