Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SS's 2018 season

Thumbs up Re: SS's 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Any guess on spread???
    Not even going there except to say Enough Alright!

Even better than I first thought!

IncrediBULL!!

Congrats Ken! Hell of a fine one.
    And btw, I strongly concur with your "rant"!!

Cheers,
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: SS's 2018 season

Great 2018 SS!!!! Fishin and huntin gods were with you, love the rack on that moose, points, points and more points and those twin drop tines .... awesome!!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Again great story and pictures ! Back to camp have some eats and then a few drinks just good stuff ! Memories for a lifetime !
    Arctic Lake

Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce Any guess on spread???
    Ok How long is a rope ???
    Great Bull Moose and even a better write up !
    Thanks for posting
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Fantastic thread!! Thanks for sharing your fishing and hunting adventures with all those great photos.
    VERY COOL antlers on that moose.
    Keep up the good work.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Awesome adventure and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Just one question.....do you have a phuking job cause man it looks like you spent your entire year hunting or fishing, not to mention being able to afford it....
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

A helluva season and incredible bull moose, congrats..

Congrats!
    Great photos & write up.

Reminds me of a similar country hunt north of Germansen from Oct. 72 .
    There was no LEH until the 80’s when the Omineca model was introduced. Always been a firm believer that cow & calf season should never be allowed in general.
    Evidently the model has failed miserably.

A joint effort hunt by LT, RM & I. As a group we agreed to only 1 moose per trip. A group of moose were fighting on a swampy mountain flat- LT chose the biggest. I could have shot a big one that ran by me within yards. Could see the blood from its nose.
    Our guess –over 1000 lbs-took the 3 of us at least 3 trips to carry him to camp. The huge antlers ended up in Italy.

The moose-(I’m 6’1” & 200 lbs)-

Last edited by mpotzold; 12-04-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Wowzer ! Mpotzold That's a dandy moose ! Do you have any other pictures of that bull ? Rack went to Italy, Oh geeezzz !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Wowzer ! Mpotzold That's a dandy moose ! Do you have any other pictures of that bull ? Rack went to Italy, Oh geeezzz !
    Arctic Lake
    Unfortunately we took very few photos those days. This was unusual because the moose was so huge. There is a photo of LT also sitting on top with his feet dangling in the air.
    Definitely the biggest moose we ever saw dead or alive!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein