I thought I would start a season post instead of a time by time post. Hummed and hawed about it for a while, but after reading all the excellent sheep hunts in August, the successful youth and adult hunts in September and the Elk and Moose adventures so far, I thought maybe these posts could get us back on track as a hunting site.

Anyways, the season started with a bunch of us getting an Atco trailer for a song and fixing it up for our ice fishing shack. After the rest of the gang put in the blood, sweat and tears into her, we had a Le Chateau on the ice. 6 ice fishing holes, 4 beds, diesel heater (burns approx. 5 gallons for a weekend at -15 with more than enough heat), wired for a generator that supplies power to the lights, 32" TV, DVD player and small appliances. Home away from home....keeps the beer cold on the floor and the rest of the room warm and comfortable.

I only got to fish out of it once this season as work and other commitments kept me at home. We caught fish, drank beer, whiskey and scotch, watched moves, told BS and had fun!! This winter, when we get her back on the ice, we are adding skirting, a couple vents for air movement and a shitter. After years of sitting on a lawn chair beside a fire on the ice, this is heaven, especially when it is cold and the wind is blowing.

Off to do some work, will add to this post over the next few days!

Cheers

SS