View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the Junior Hunt

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its great... I get to teach my kid how to hunt

207 69.93%
  • Its silly...for many reasons

71 23.99%
  • who cares... I always get my deer so I don't care.

18 6.08%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2 cents on the Junior Hunt.....

Re: My 2 cents on the Junior Hunt.....

What I like is that this last page or 2, has shown that we "all can talk" it over.
    Leaving emotion behind, yet still showing compassion respectfully.
    If we can do this every time a debatable topic comes forth, then I think we can all move forward as one big team to get
    some of the problems we face moving in appositive direction with some actual force.
    Good job guys/gals!

Willyqbc, your posts are exactly correct and well said ! I'm not even going to read any rebuttals or contradictions to your posts because you have written the truth, that's all there is to it ! Thanks, its comforting to know some people are still able to see clearly.

Last edited by Islander30; 10-20-2018 at 11:56 AM.

The world spins - That is the truth. The sun comes up - that is only the truth for those that can see it. We all have different truths based on our experiences. Doesn't mean anyone is totally wrong....or totally right for that matter. It's nice to see that the discussion has gotten around to be civil.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I have been taking kids Jr hunting for 15 years now, I have taught kids EVERYTHING i practice, even in regards to Alcohol in camp, cleaning and caring for your meat once tagged, safety in their gear, even having rules for the kids to always have a knife on your side, a compass, and a lighter in your pocket. Out of 19 kids i have taken out that many are now adults, every one of them understand the value of Conservation weather or not they still hunt today. Put aside all the poaching talk many of you say, I have had dozens of deer taken during Jr season and NEVER have i or someone in my group ever shot for a kid (That's not legal) and every deer the kids have had their hands in the blood, or had to 100% drag that deer back to the vehicle. Junior season, brings safety not just in the comfort of the deer not being as spooked, but less drunks and ******s in the bush, and a way better comfort knowing that its mostly dads in the bush at that time of year.

The way i raise kids to hunt Junior season, is the intent, not all the poaching, un ethical shit you guys are mentioning
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    The world spins - That is the truth. The sun comes up - that is only the truth for those that can see it. We all have different truths based on our experiences. Doesn't mean anyone is totally wrong....or totally right for that matter. It's nice to see that the discussion has gotten around to be civil.
    very wise...lol ! ok fare enough...."in my opinion" he speaks the truth !

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    very wise...lol ! ok fare enough...."in my opinion" he speaks the truth !
    Well,...............I have never been called wise before! Wonders will never cease. lol. I owe you a beer.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    I have been taking kids Jr hunting for 15 years now, I have taught kids EVERYTHING i practice, even in regards to Alcohol in camp, cleaning and caring for your meat once tagged, safety in their gear, even having rules for the kids to always have a knife on your side, a compass, and a lighter in your pocket. Out of 19 kids i have taken out that many are now adults, every one of them understand the value of Conservation weather or not they still hunt today. Put aside all the poaching talk many of you say, I have had dozens of deer taken during Jr season and NEVER have i or someone in my group ever shot for a kid (That's not legal) and every deer the kids have had their hands in the blood, or had to 100% drag that deer back to the vehicle. Junior season, brings safety not just in the comfort of the deer not being as spooked, but less drunks and ******s in the bush, and a way better comfort knowing that its mostly dads in the bush at that time of year.

The way i raise kids to hunt Junior season, is the intent, not all the poaching, un ethical shit you guys are mentioning
    Good on ya, your a true ambassador of hunting....

I strongly support the Youth Seasons. My kids took full advantage of them when they were young. And if you think kids can't hunt or shoot then I guess you have never been around kids before. The acusation that the season is just for dad's to pull the pin is utter Bull$hit. There are many stories that don't get shared on forums like this because people are afraid to get ripped a new one. Yes, kids miss. Yes, kids might make bad shots. Here is a News Flash, so do Adults! I shared gobs and gobs of photos and stories on this site and others of my family's hunting adventures. I shared as much as I did for one reason. To inspire other dad's to do it too. To take kids into the outdoors and share the hunting heritage. If you aren't doing this, then you need to be!

Blackford, you make rational arguments and I'm glad you expressed yourself. I am a father of two and due to circumstances, have never been able to take "advantage" of youth season on behalf of my boys. School, work etc. Maybe most get there buck, but how many youth hunters don't even get out there for their birthright? Plenty. Factor that into the equation. Respectfully,
    whitespringer
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Unfortunately I agree with the original post Dana you are the exception NOT the norm the fact is many dads do pull the trigger thats just reality and if you believe otherwise then your head is respectfully up your ass! [/QUOTE]

Then a TON of us here have our heads up our butts because thats not what we have seen. EVER I seriously dont believe its as bad as what some people here are making it out to be. Yes there will always be poachers. Wish we could curb that somehow. But I dont think Dana and other fathers here on HBC are the exceptions. WE ARE THE NORM
    Last edited by Elkhound; 10-22-2018 at 05:01 PM.