View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the Junior Hunt

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its great... I get to teach my kid how to hunt

207 69.93%
  • Its silly...for many reasons

71 23.99%
  • who cares... I always get my deer so I don't care.

18 6.08%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2 cents on the Junior Hunt.....

Re: My 2 cents on the Junior Hunt.....

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    they are hunting with there kid....shit fathers abandon kids..abuse them..there mom..steal there money from the piggy bank...

you really got to quantify what a shit father is...
    Ok unethical poachers who use their children as a loophole to shoot a deer

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Ok unethical poachers who use their children as a loophole to shoot a deer
    Who are you?...vain guy who trophy hunts! The Bain of hunting
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Who are you?...vain guy who trophy hunts! The Bain of hunting
    Nope not even close

I am actually getting to the point of asking myself why I bother giving a crap
    Last edited by Wild one; 10-18-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    simply put. if a tree falls in the forrest and nobody is there... does it still make a sound. I have hunted some pretty remote areas and some pretty heavy hunted areas in the last 15 years.... I have been stopped once by a CO. If you are relying on tickets in the bush...well to say it politely ... this isn't going to happen.

about 6 years ago I had a beer with a CO at a pub during hunting season and asked him about the conservation and youth season. He did say that they did a trial and put a decoy that moves in the bush during youth season and 4 point season. I wrote down the results as he was talking on my iPhone because I wanted to get them right....

In youth season, 34 people shot.

30 of those shots were done by dad or mom
    15 shots were taken from inside a vehicle

In 4 point season they did the same thing.

over the weekend several cars stopped. ( he didn't have the number)

4 people shot from the truck
    2 people shot from when it was not a 4 point but was only open

I asked him about youth season and he laughed.. He said he only gets paid to enforce the rules.

In regards to being part of the problem... Calling a CO and saying that the dad is in full camp shooting a high powered rifle and cleaning a deer while the sun is in ninja turtle pj's playing his Nintendo in his truck isn't reasonable grounds to fine someone. its so hard to police. Again... I am not saying its all the kids. I am just saying its a lot. a lot I hear about... its also a long time to shoot deer which aren't afraid of anything...

for those of you being brash about this.... please don't. its a topic that I wanted to bring up. based on the poll... a lot of people see different that what I see.. I respect that 100%

So, you say we can't rely on tickets, but surely there were tickets issued to the 30 Moms and Dads and 15 truck shooters? That's 45 people illegally shooting over a single weekend and no tickets?

I can understand that this can be hard for CO's but what about complaints? How many complaints are made? Again, if this is a real problem, then surely concerned hunters are at least reporting incidents they witness?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Nope not even close

I am actually getting to the point of asking myself why I bother giving a crap
    Takes one to know one...what were you born in a vacuum?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Pretty sure in Ontario or Quebec..shooting others tags is legal...kinda like Pot is legal now

Bow hunting..”.someone who has the luxury to go home skunked”. A vanity just the same as trophy hunting.

Really did not like my definition of a sh!t father

I have respect for the guy who takes a kid out to get their first deer but I don’t care what anyone says I won’t have respect for the father using there kid to exploit a youth season

Should be clear by now I don’t care about people on this forum trying to throw labels and assumptions about me for my opinions but have at it if you must lol

Wild one your tussling with the wrong member Hahahahaha
    Jello-Hello-Horsh

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Bow hunting..”.someone who has the luxury to go home skunked”. A vanity just the same as trophy hunting.
    I have to challenge those blanketing statements sir! I've been a bow hunter for well over 25 years.
    I've shot many deer with my bows...more than when rifle hunting. I'm definitely not a trophy hunter.
    In all the considerable number of deer and 5 bull moose I've shot I've only kept one set of antlers
    even though some of them were quite large 4 pointers. Same with my largest moose...it was big!