Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 6 moose GOS- who is in

Re: Region 6 moose GOS- who is in

Quote Originally Posted by kilometers View Post
    Got one in the bow only season. Have fun with the gong show!
    Me too
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Here's a thought for people to consider. Rather than having a shorter season in region 6 where everyone seems to go, why not run a 7 day GOS in a bunch of different regions and MU's all at the same time? This could help spread out the hunters, reduce the gong show and I bet it wouldn't change how many moose are harvested. They keep choking the GOS, why? Is it because of the number of animals harvested, or is it because more is getting allocated to FN, or is it to try and reduce the number of people travelling to the area? If they got rid of the august hunt in 7B, and made a 7 day GOS that ran the same time as region 6 that would have the same effect I would imagine.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I always have thought that 7A seasons should mirror Rg6. Sept1-9 any bull archery, Oct1-9 any bull archery, 3 day rifle GOS Oct20-22 Nov16-20 any bull archery. And shorter bull moose LEH seasons (Hunt A Sept10-24), (Hunt B Sept25-Oct19), (Hunt C Oct20-Nov15)
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Here's a thought for people to consider. Rather than having a shorter season in region 6 where everyone seems to go, why not run a 7 day GOS in a bunch of different regions and MU's all at the same time? This could help spread out the hunters, reduce the gong show and I bet it wouldn't change how many moose are harvested. They keep choking the GOS, why? Is it because of the number of animals harvested, or is it because more is getting allocated to FN, or is it to try and reduce the number of people travelling to the area? If they got rid of the august hunt in 7B, and made a 7 day GOS that ran the same time as region 6 that would have the same effect I would imagine.
    The GOS was reduced because the AAH was being exceeded in 6 South. They crunched the numbers and allowed for more LEH tags thinking the total harvest would be lower. Opening a 7 day GOS in regions 3,4,5 and 8 would probably kill many more moose than the areas can handle even though the gong show would be spread out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I always have thought that 7A seasons should mirror Rg6. Sept1-9 any bull archery, Oct1-9 any bull archery, 3 day rifle GOS Oct20-22 Nov16-20 any bull archery. And shorter bull moose LEH seasons (Hunt A Sept10-24), (Hunt B Sept25-Oct19), (Hunt C Oct20-Nov15)
    I like it, be interesting what the bios would say

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    It was fought against because some viewed that change as taking away opportunity lol

Long point restriction seasons are believed to provide better opportunities over short less restrictive seasons or special weapons seasons by some

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    The GOS was reduced because the AAH was being exceeded in 6 South. They crunched the numbers and allowed for more LEH tags thinking the total harvest would be lower. Opening a 7 day GOS in regions 3,4,5 and 8 would probably kill many more moose than the areas can handle even though the gong show would be spread out a bit.
    I was also told poor calf recruitment was another factor but this could be BS because of the source I heard it from

Those regions could not take it I agree

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    ya but you don't have to open every region or MU. If you opened 6, parts of 7A and 7B at the same time, it would spread out the hunters. Just talking out loud anyway.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Some guys will never get it and will always blame the hunters for any wildlife problems..........almost like they are from the other camp
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Some guys will never get it and will always blame the hunters for any wildlife problems..........almost like they are from the other camp
    Please point out the post in this thread that is blaming hunters for a wildlife issue

Seen talk of spreading hunting pressure with a different form of management in neighboring regions add that is it