Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (CHILLIWACK/HOPE/MAPLERIDGE) Stó:lō Xwexwilmexw, Canada move forward on major treaty

Re: (CHILLIWACK/HOPE/MAPLERIDGE) Stó:lō Xwexwilmexw, Canada move forward on major tre

The Sechelt nation just signed a lucrative deal that is worth many millions as well.

Re: (CHILLIWACK/HOPE/MAPLERIDGE) Stó:lō Xwexwilmexw, Canada move forward on major tre

Last edited by Sirloin; 10-14-2018 at 07:50 PM.

looks like Western Separatists are getting their way, though not likely what they intended )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

So what’s the point of the treaties? It’s not like the money will stop flowing and they will change anyhow
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Why is these days my stomach just turns over this crap????
    Almost to the point where I want to explode?
    And I know when speaking to others outside of this forum, they are ready to blow up as well.
    What does that mean for us?, time to go to Alberta??
    Almost to the point I just want to keep the tv and pc/internet off, and not look anymore, and just be oblivious,
    as to not get myself in trouble.
    HMMMMMMM...……(as SRUPP would say!)

Pot is a good pacifier, may be the intent with 200 tonnes coming to a store near you
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

if they want their "traditional" lands back, why don't we have a traditional fight for the land, like we did in the old days?

University of Victoria to offer world's first degree program in Indigenous law

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayed...-law-1.4579175

"The Trudeau government has made it clear that it intends to make First Nations self-governance a reality — that it will establish a true, nation-to-nation relationship with Indigenous peoples.
    It will not be easy, or quick, and it is not without controversy.
    Once out from under the authority of the Indian Act, and under their own legal jurisdiction, how will First Nations choose to govern themselves? What principles and processes — and lines of authority and accountability— will organize these societies?"

"What is new here is the recognition of Indigenous law as law, to be treated rigorously and comprehensively and formally taught, within a university, alongside equivalent state law, or Canadian law. This is the first dual-degree program where over a four-year period, students will receive an Indigenous law degree and a Canadian law degree,"
    Truly dividing the country into separate nations with separate laws and jurisdictions. one completely subsidized by the other. recipe for chaos. Beginning of real balkanization. Guaranteed future conflics for resources and land..
    Last edited by Sirloin; 10-15-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Pot is a good pacifier, may be the intent with 200 tonnes coming to a store near you
    Yes but the store is also on reserve! You are not gonna win.

Ya, so I was talking to this fellow (recently retired) and he was involved in education......I thought I would spark up the conversation about land claims in bc and where we are today, he says "who cares"
    I said well what if you own a home and it is in a culturally significant area and you have to leave the said land that may have been in your family for generations or perhaps you just bought it and now its discovered its in one of these area's...he says so what "who cares" move somewhere else.

I say ok...what about the guy who owns a business in this culturally significant area, and he's gotta pack up and move, he says "who cares" go start your business somewhere else with all the animation that go's with it, I say... I care, and if I knew about it I wouldn't of wasted my ****ing life building a home and business in this province, you got it now buddy?