Thread: Any Moose in 7-12???

Any Moose in 7-12???

Wow, haven't been on in a while with work, work & more work.... I did manage to get a buddy hunt in 7-12 for Bull moose. Anyone ever hunt up there?? The individual I'm going with owns a home very near by and knows the area well, just wondering what everyone else's take was on the area??

This might just be the only hunt me and the kid get in this year so I decided to pull him out of school for a week, figured he'd learn a more valuable lesson up north anyways. I plan on letting him shoot a deer if we see one.

Any good sporting good shops or other such hunting/fishing related store I should stop by??? I haven't been up that far north in 25 years... Thanks for any input
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any Moose in 7-12???

Did you get A or B? Last year we had a draw in 7-12A and hunted just south of vanderhoof. we shot both our bulls and the third guy in our group got a calf. That took us a day and a half and we saw plenty more moose after that. We were there oct.10. Ive had my draw in 7-12 B a few years back and was able to get my bull by mid sept. up the greg creek rd. Both zones have lots of moose in my opinion. However they have lots of hunters as well.
    Last edited by tinhorse; 10-13-2018 at 08:01 PM.

I think we got 7-12A I'll have to look tonight, the buddy I'm hunting with says there lots of moose & deer this year.. I guess I might as well start looking for a second freezer then.. It will be funny after hunting
    Island deer for the last 20 plus years it will be neat to see a larger animals in the field even if we don't get one.

I hope my kid can connect as it will be his first real hunting trip with his own rifle, knowing his luck he'll shot a monster and I'll have to listen to that for the rest of my life!! )
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorse View Post
    Did you get A or B? Last year we had a draw in 7-12A and hunted just north of vanderhoof.
    north of vhoof is in 7-13
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Oops. South, the complete opposite of what I said.

never came home from 7-11 or 7-12 without a moose as the draw in hand . I have a bit of ? on that calf thing .

2011 guys lmao