Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Talk call by E.L.K.

Deer Talk call by E.L.K.

Has anyone ever used the Deer Talk call? Any success or tips?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer Talk call by E.L.K.

Black with a blue rubber band inside white writing on it and pic of a deer?

If it’s the one I am thinking yes it works the way it’s intended to. It does basic vocalization bleats so it does not draw them in long range but instead it plays on a deers curiosity. Works for getting a deers attention, drawing them back if you startled them and they don’t know what you are, and getting deer to step into an open area well still hunting. It can be used all season because it’s just a basic communication call

I use a K meer deer call instead for the same purpose but it has a better construction and last longer. Broke the other ones too often
    Last edited by Wild one; 10-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Just googled it yes it’s the call I am thinking

Good to know, thanks! Heading out for a hunt during the rut and hoping it'll help a bit.

I use this call before the rut not during. During the rut I use the primos can calls, true talker grunt( blacktail/mule deer), and rattling antlers

the k meer deer and deer talk calls are early season calls in my opinion it won’t hurt using it during the rut but will not achieve the results of estrus bleats, grunts( I don’t use it for wt), and rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I use this call before the rut not during. During the rut I use the primos can calls, true talker grunt( blacktail/mule deer), and rattling antlers

the k meer deer and deer talk calls are early season calls in my opinion it won’t hurt using it during the rut but will not achieve the results of estrus bleats, grunts( I don’t use it for wt), and rattling.
    I've got all of those calls as well! Thanks for the tips.

This is the best kept secret in deer hunting. Called a buck in last November with it from 500y away, he even left the does he was with
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    This is the best kept secret in deer hunting. Called a buck in last November with it from 500y away, he even left the does he was with
    which side do you use? Deer Talk or Deer Stopper?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Your actually the first hunter that I know of outside of my crew using this style of call lol. I have been using the k meer or deer talk calls for 20+ years and majority I know who use them is because I showed them.

That is impressive distance. I have not had that kind of results but I find it extremely valuable tool for still hunting. It has been great for creating opportunities or a second chance with deer

It is no doubt a style of call most overlook but really useful. This style of call has caused more then a few deer to drop for my crew

After this thread they may not stay a secret lol

I mainly use the Stopper end of the call. In the call in last fall, I spotted 6-8 does/fawns and a smaller four point buck with them out across a field 500y away. They were just milling around doing their thing. A couple blasts on the call and the does started coming, buck in tow. At around 250 yards the does slowed down but the buck kept coming on a trot, until he hit my wind and kicked it up a gear and bounded into the trees without offering a shot

I first seen this call in action 15 years ago in the cariboo region. Spotted a lone doe from the road, we got out and glassed. Buddy digs around his truck and pulls out this E.L.K. Deer stopper, blows on it. I gave him a weird look lol. Then 3 more deer stand up that were bedded out of sight, and a 3pt buck walks from over the hill. I was sold

On the latest season of MeatEater on Netflix, they use a similar call in Alaska when hunting Sitka Blacktails
    Last edited by todbartell; 10-13-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004