Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Re: What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    PMed you a few spots to start now hammer one of the big boys I know lives there. Come Nov you want to make sure you have a good understanding of these locations because you want to be prepared to start calling

I will gladly help you start out and help you learn so you won’t feel the need to invade another’s cam/blind/stand locations like some here suggest is alright

Most locations from me you should have little issue with other hunters
    this is one of the coolest posts I’ve seen on here.

Still hunt through an area is not a big deal it’s guys who go sit in a location that is plain as day active set up. The guy who goes and targets an are just because they see a cam/stand/blind.

Honestly an area like your describing I would not hunt because it is too crowded by my standards. Yes I have stopped hunting areas I targeted for years just because of too many hunters
    Yes, agreed. I should have moved on a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RJHunter View Post
    Yes, agreed. I should have moved on a few years ago.
    To be clear I only would move on because I hate being crowded that is a personal choice

this post is a a situation that is coming more common place as we have more hunters than in the past. My opinion is if you see a pop up blind or a tree stand that is portable, there is a very good chance the hunter is actively using it and if this area is new to you, the right thing to do is move on and avoid the area. If you had been hunting the area prior to the blind being seen, I would make an effort to speak with the other hunter and let him know you have been hunting this area and will be sharing it with him. Still respect each other and if possible find out if you plan to hunt at the same time. and work it out between you two. In this case , the area is new to you and the other hunter has taken the time to set up a blind and a camera. I would avoid the area. I don't think it is right for any hunter on crown land to expect to have the right to an area every season...it should be shared. The general rule is put yourself in the other guys shoes and do what is ethically right between the two of you.

I have yet to see an area littered with active blinds, stands, baits, and cams that 2 people have posted. Hunted WT in many locations in BC and Alberta some known for being busy and have never seen this but could be my luck. So never been in a situation that even came close to not being able to avoid others set ups.

Old inactive blind/stand someone built have at. But yes too many hunters I know if you go out of your way to sit on a guys active set up yes you are being an A hole.

You guys do as you please I have picked up 2 people on cam in 10years and kicked just as many out of my stands(bought hang ons) in 15years so not personally worried about it.

All this thread has shown me is I should not give a sh!t about respecting other hunters because it’s crown land.
    I don't hunt where others are hunting at the same time. That is a no-no. The rest we will have to agree to disagree on.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

PM me you may have possibly found a location I know of very well. Were you bordering 22 and 10 ?

I’ve built 4 stands on crown land and haven’t used them much. When I built them, I knew they weren’t going to be my private stands. Have at ‘er. As long as someone isn’t in them, it’s open season. Some of the best meetings and talks I’ve had with other hunters have been hiking into far off spots (one of them my favourite spot). I will always share info with someone willing to put the effort in - even if it changes my hunt. Most guys I’ve met are the same.

I have 6 cameras in one central area around a certain swamp. I have pictures of a father/son walking through this area. Only have pictures of people one other time, never before, never since. I have no concerns with someone else hunting this spot, it certainly isn't "mine". If I am there first one day, I would expect someone else to keep on driving rather than park beside me and walk in to this spot. If someone else was parked there first I would do the same. Just because there is a blind and or camera doesn't mean shit. It simply means there might be a good chance of bagging something. Don't let that discourage you, be respectful, observe and be first haha. Must be a good spot, probably worth getting to know if you are a new hunter.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Crown land is thee Resident Hunter's hunting land, all of it!
    Crown land is thee resident hunter's land to hunt, anyone who buys a tag.
    -- L E H ---- Limited Entry already so don't limit yourself any more than you need to
    Bucks run ridges and flats and know where it's at, and so do hunters of experience.
    If you want that certain buck and he is in here, on Crown and you want to put em down? Hunt around.
    Jel - you have to hunt it to put em down! You need to be a good shot also, accurate and set up qweek like with a rest if possy bell, Ding Dong!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-16-2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

To be clear I only would move on because I hate being crowded that is a personal choice
    my feeling exactly