Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Re: What to do?

Wild one that is one hell of a deal. Out all day today seen a few moose and put another 14k hiking .. I did see 3 deer on the road on my way home. I also did hear a few shots in the distance. Thinking someone may have been lucky.

Been upgrading tickets all day so a little brain fried right now lol

will dig around for my map book in the morning

These locations are best for sitting and waiting. Come Nov add rattling/doe bleats. Last time I ran cams in that area had some really nice bucks on cam

Whitetail sitting is better then hiking they are a mental game not physical

Send you a PM sometime tomorrow

Just because someone has some treestands or blinds in an area is not a reason to not hunt that area. If you think someone is actively hunting ie their is a vehicle close by then check out somewhere else. Very few people hunt "their spot" everyday. They don,t have seasons tickets on that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Just because someone has some treestands or blinds in an area is not a reason to not hunt that area. If you think someone is actively hunting ie their is a vehicle close by then check out somewhere else. Very few people hunt "their spot" everyday. They don,t have seasons tickets on that spot.
    This.
    If the person is in the spot then I would be respectful and move on, but if not I would feel free to hunt the area. Further, if you really like the area you might want to find out who the blind belongs to and see if you can cooperate.
    I think that the first person in an area should be able to hunt it without worrying about someone else purposely hunting it or needlessly pressuring it, but many popular or easy to get to areas suffer from both.

One last thought, if the hunter was older or had a disability, etc., I would leave them be regardless.

Lots of bush out there why risk screwing up another guys hunt in an area he is investing effort into?

its not a who’s spot thing it’s respect for another’s hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    The way I look at it is it's public land not owned by anyone. I have just as much right to be there as the next guy. A camera or a blind doesn't give anyone sole rights to a spot. Who knows how many other blinds or cameras one guy may have out yet he can only be in one place at a time. Maybe he's tagged out or working in camp for 2 weeks. I've built stands on public land and gone back to find a guy in one. Gave him a wave and moved on, met him later and swapped numbers so we wouldn't be both heading in there. Boots on the ground are what counts in my world. Would never disturb another hunter would always move on but a camera and or a blind aren't hunting. I know lots will disagree with me but sorry I'm not giving up areas because of a camera or blind.
    You are the one I agree with 100 percent. Let's be honest, there are roads everywhere here. If an area is really productive lots of people will know about it and use it. If I came across someone in a blind , I'd leave that area ? An empty one ? It's my time to hunt and I'm utilizing the area I'm in.

I find in region 8 you have to look up most of the time as stands everywhere as hunting on foot . But Common sense these days is rare as what is right or wrong

PMed you a few spots to start now hammer one of the big boys I know lives there. Come Nov you want to make sure you have a good understanding of these locations because you want to be prepared to start calling

I will gladly help you start out and help you learn so you won’t feel the need to invade another’s cam/blind/stand locations like some here suggest is alright

Most locations from me you should have little issue with other hunters

Such a tricky question, but building a stand on public land comes with inherent risks, such as someone else using it. You do not own the rights to a stand built. Building a stand doesn't lock in your rights to an area. This is no different then parking your truck across a logging road so others can't come into the area.

BUT... I am also of the opinion that you should never mess with someones setup, and if possible make it better then then way you found it. So if you start using it, don't leave your garbage, don't leave your sh!t, fix up the logs/boards/scrim, and maybe leave a note, with a hidden mickey somewhere for them as thanks. Never argue with someone in the stand already, and accept that they are in it.

IMHO - very few fellas should get upset if they come back to their non wrecked, clean, improved stand.

However there is sooooo much country to hunt in BC, that you shouldn't need to work some fellas honey hole, you should be able to find your own!!!!

Negative attitudes, hate, and the feeling of ownership of public lands is what ruins hunting experiences for people.

Hunt it! Nobody owns a hunting spot, not even guides. If the person with the blinds sees you hunting there, then he/she should leave the area also. You are stupid if you invest in lumber and time to set up on crown land and think others will not use your setup. I came across a blind this week. Not more than 5 yrs old. A tree fell through, knocking it to the ground. Wanna bet whoever built it doesn't bother to clean it up? But that's a whole other can o' worms.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...