Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Re: What to do?

I'm a firm believer in not messing with someone else's stuff or set-up. As it's been correctly pointed out it's Crown land but I do still respect an effort made by someone else to get their game. So whenever I find evidence that someone uses a spot on a regular basis, I look to observe from a distance, unless I walk right into the middle of it, as I'm curious as to learn what/why someone set something up and where. You learn or verify something from everything you see. Just don't sneak into the obvious shooting lanes with your next approach - if you go into that area again.

Anyways, if I see a truck parked, I don't go into the woods in that specific area. Trust no-one and you don't want to end up hunting down wind of anyone anyways. Meh, that's just me.

Hey if you’re entitlement means more to you then you’re character so be it

Pretty pathetic to key in on a small area( a blind cam set up 100yard max circle) amongst miles of bush that you can see plain as day evidence another hunter is targeting. Justify it any way you please it shows a lack of respect for other hunters

Do as you please but it is becoming clearer to me all the time why a lot of hunters are less willing to help these days

Nothing wrong with checking out a set up you stumble on as you can learn from it

Hunting another’s set up is disrespectful

If the blinds are empty hunt the area,
    it's crown/public land they have no more right than you. however if they are sitting in the blind, turn around.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

If there is only one spot to get into the area or park then I would say hunt it if you are 100% certain that no one else is in there. Last thing you or someone else wants is their hunt wrecked by someone chasing the animals out of an area. If it is possible that someone may be in there, move elsewhere.

.................................................. ............

I hunted a whitetail area for over 10 years and hardly ever ran into anyone there as it was very thick. Never used blinds, just still hunting and calling in the timber. Then blind after blind and tree forts start popping up all over and I couldn't walk anywhere without being in someones spot. Now I am the jerk because I didn't leave when I saw the game cam and piles of grain. Placing a blind doesn't make it your spot and I say place your blind with the understanding that its crown land and anyone can hunt there. If you drop a hundred pounds of grain to attract the deer you might just help someone else while you do it. I hunt with a blind now in the winter with kids and try to place it where others can hunt around it or wouldn't even notice it. Would have no issues with someone hunting there, just ask that you don't sit in or steal my blind. Good chance that it was someones favorite hunting place before the blind was setup.

I have yet to see an area littered with active blinds, stands, baits, and cams that 2 people have posted. Hunted WT in many locations in BC and Alberta some known for being busy and have never seen this but could be my luck. So never been in a situation that even came close to not being able to avoid others set ups.

Old inactive blind/stand someone built have at. But yes too many hunters I know if you go out of your way to sit on a guys active set up yes you are being an A hole.

You guys do as you please I have picked up 2 people on cam in 10years and kicked just as many out of my stands(bought hang ons) in 15years so not personally worried about it.

All this thread has shown me is I should not give a sh!t about respecting other hunters because it’s crown land.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I have yet to see an area littered with active blinds, stands, baits, and cams that 2 people have posted. Hunted WT in many locations in BC and Alberta some known for being busy and have never seen this but could be my luck. So never been in a situation that even came close to not being able to avoid others set ups.

Old inactive blind/stand someone built have at. But yes too many hunters I know if you go out of your way to sit on a guys active set up yes you are being an A hole.

You guys do as you please I have picked up 2 people on cam in 10years and kicked just as many out of my stands(bought hang ons) in 15years so not personally worried about it.

All this thread has shown me is I should not give a sh!t about respecting other hunters because it’s crown land.
    The number of blinds and baiting in the area I am talking about actually changed the deer pattern. The deer used to be scattered about but now you can walk on any of the major deer trails and follow them bait pile to bait pile. I'm not saying I sit in someones spot, just saying I hunt as I always have and don't avoid walking through areas because someone has a blind. One of my favorite and most productive spots now has a blind on it....so now I should stop hunting there after 10 years...no don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RJHunter View Post
    The number of blinds and baiting in the area I am talking about actually changed the deer pattern. The deer used to be scattered about but now you can walk on any of the major deer trails and follow them bait pile to bait pile. I'm not saying I sit in someones spot, just saying I hunt as I always have and don't avoid walking through areas because someone has a blind. One of my favorite and most productive spots now has a blind on it....so now I should stop hunting there after 10 years...no don't think so.
    Still hunt through an area is not a big deal it’s guys who go sit in a location that is plain as day active set up. The guy who goes and targets an are just because they see a cam/stand/blind.

Honestly an area like your describing I would not hunt because it is too crowded by my standards. Yes I have stopped hunting areas I targeted for years just because of too many hunters