Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Re: What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

I will gladly help you start out and help you learn so you won’t feel the need to invade another’s cam/blind/stand locations like some here suggest is alright
    Just curious...do you try to kick people off YOUR fishing lake also?
    It's crown land. Go where you want to. If nobody is there, it's fair game ( pun intentended ).
    It's part of why this province is so great to hunt. Otherwise I'll just go set up cameras and signs all over the place telling other hunters that a certain area is mine. But some of us have already come across "private land" signs posted on crown land.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    Just curious...do you try to kick people off YOUR fishing lake also?
    It's crown land. Go where you want to. If nobody is there, it's fair game ( pun intentended ).
    It's part of why this province is so great to hunt. Otherwise I'll just go set up cameras and signs all over the place telling other hunters that a certain area is mine. But some of us have already come across "private land" signs posted on crown land.
    Yes I really concearn about claiming a spot lol

The Op is getting locations from me that commonly hold big WT bucks and I have helped many others on this forum over the years. When you have faith in your knowledge and skills you concern less about spots

Its nothing about one owning a spot expecting them to leave it’s about respect for your fellow hunter. Hunting with integrity and honour is what it’s about

It may come as a shock but some of use actually concern more about who we are as a hunter then a chance at filling a tag

So dont go right into "the spot"... stay out 500 yards.. the critters may have to go past you to get to the stands..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by 04FX4 View Post
    The kind that involves animals.
    Not a very cool attitude for someone looking for advice.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    It was a joke.. i am sure..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Just because someone has some treestands or blinds in an area is not a reason to not hunt that area. If you think someone is actively hunting ie their is a vehicle close by then check out somewhere else. Very few people hunt "their spot" everyday. They don,t have seasons tickets on that spot.
    This - some respect for others, but no one reserves a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    no disrespect was intended with this comment.

Yes I really concearn about claiming a spot lol

The Op is getting locations from me that commonly hold big WT bucks and I have helped many others on this forum over the years. When you have faith in your knowledge and skills you concern less about spots

Its nothing about one owning a spot expecting them to leave it’s about respect for your fellow hunter. Hunting with integrity and honour is what it’s about

It may come as a shock but some of use actually concern more about who we are as a hunter then a chance at filling a tag
    I applaud you for helping people. But telling someone that they are "invading" crown land, when no one else is in the area, is wrong. If you don't want people in "your area", maybe don't build a beacon to hunters like a tree blind...

BTW, I had 2 gentlemen blow the deer out of a cut I was in yesterday night. I gave them a friendly wave at last light, they waved back knowing what they had done, and life goes on hunting crown land...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    I applaud you for helping people. But telling someone that they are "invading" crown land, when no one else is in the area, is wrong. If you don't want people in "your area", maybe don't build a beacon to hunters like a tree blind...

BTW, I had 2 gentlemen blow the deer out of a cut I was in yesterday night. I gave them a friendly wave at last light, they waved back knowing what they had done, and life goes on hunting crown land...

I think you are completley missing my reason for being agaist hunting a location someone is running cams or fresh built blind or store bought blind or stand.

It is nothing to do with if someone starts hunting a location I have set up with cam or built blind. Not a huge deal to me I will shift to another location as I always have back ups. It’s knowing a lot of other hunters are not in that position so if I see evidence of that kind of effort I keep moving

This has F all to do with my spots it has to do with the fact why the hell knowingly crowd in on another hunters effort when there is tons of bush out there lol

You/others are correct no one owns a spot but there is also the respectful thing to do. Justify yourself how ever you please but hunting a location with an active cam and built blind is a lazy dick move

As for what happened to you been there done that and why I basically don’t target clear cuts. There is also a big difference between accidents and intentional

I think you are completley missing my reason for being agaist hunting a location someone is running cams or fresh built blind or store bought blind or stand.

It is nothing to do with if someone starts hunting a location I have set up with cam or built blind. Not a huge deal to me I will shift to another location as I always have back ups. It’s knowing a lot of other hunters are not in that position so if I see evidence of that kind of effort I keep moving

This has F all to do with my spots it has to do with the fact why the hell knowingly crowd in on another hunters effort when there is tons of bush out there lol

You/others are correct no one owns a spot but there is also the respectful thing to do. Justify yourself how ever you please but hunting a location with an active cam and built blind is a lazy dick move

As for what happened to you been there done that and why I basically don’t target clear cuts. There is also a big difference between accidents and intentional
    You're only hunting it if you're there. So if I don't run cams or build a blind but have a spot I hunt on a regular basis and I go in one day and see a cam or blind I'm supposed to move on. Maybe take my clip out and move what 500 or 1000 yards away and start hunting again? See a nice buck and let it walk. Not likely but will always move on if someone else is there.