Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Re: What to do?

Thanks I do appreciate the input..I am a very new hunter and i do a lot of walking and driving here in region 8.it seems like if i stumble into a great (to me) spot I run into someone or another veichle and find myself walking or driving looking for another spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FX4 View Post
    Thanks I do appreciate the input..I am a very new hunter and i do a lot of walking and driving here in region 8.it seems like if i stumble into a great (to me) spot I run into someone or another veichle and find myself walking or driving looking for another spot.
    What MU are you hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    What MU are you hunting?
    I am in 8-10

Your doing the right thing by observing others and where they go hunting also. Hunters that know their prey, have a better chance at seeing them.
    -- Others are hunting there because the area is known for some good spots.
    Jel -- The guy or gal using it, only use it once in a while. -- Keep doing what your doing -- share and enjoy -- respect and maintain --

How long have you been hunting?

having much luck?

1 month...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 04FX4 View Post
    1 month...lol
    Ok so green as grass lol

I used to hunt whitetail a lot to the south of you but live too far away now to hunt those locations. If you’re interested I can look for my map and help you out with some of my old spots and advice to get you started on whitetail

All I ask in return is put effort into becoming a hunter that gives a good example and not an idiot in camouflage. The fact you’re looking for the ethical way to approach the situation your in is a good start

Sound like a fair deal?

Nice work, Wild One!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

MU 8-10
    Kelowna - Winfield East

Highway 33 bi-sects MU 8-10, the McCulloch and Pipeline roads provide access to much of this MU.
    1. Logging mains running off Hwy 33 run thru good hunting spots for mules and whites
    2. From Winfield on Hwy 97, the Beaver-Dee Lakes road runs thru the northern part of MU 8-10, with fair to good mules and white hunting, comes out on Hwy 6, at Lavington.
    Jellz Bellz -- Mule deer and whitetail hunting -- Mu 8-10 --- access off these roads above -- mule deer and whitetail
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-13-2018 at 07:57 AM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

The way I look at it is it's public land not owned by anyone. I have just as much right to be there as the next guy. A camera or a blind doesn't give anyone sole rights to a spot. Who knows how many other blinds or cameras one guy may have out yet he can only be in one place at a time. Maybe he's tagged out or working in camp for 2 weeks. I've built stands on public land and gone back to find a guy in one. Gave him a wave and moved on, met him later and swapped numbers so we wouldn't be both heading in there. Boots on the ground are what counts in my world. Would never disturb another hunter would always move on but a camera and or a blind aren't hunting. I know lots will disagree with me but sorry I'm not giving up areas because of a camera or blind.