Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Region 6 Moose LEH

Re: Region 6 Moose LEH

Moose meat is excellent, I am really thankful to have it on my families plate this year
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Moose meat is excellent, I am really thankful to have it on my families plate this year
    X2 ... way better than deer.

I gotta get into this moose huntin thing one of these days

Congratulations on a fine animal and a story well told. I have been in on a few hunts at this very spot and have wonderful memories of these trips as well the company we kept . Wishing your crew many more draws and adventures. Well done.

Thanks for posting up the story and photos.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

CONGRATS!
    Well organized story with nice clear photos.

Brings back memories-LT had a cabin by Bobtail Lake & we also hunted south of Francois Lake.
    Sorry to hear about the vehicular problems. Them's the breaks when driving in rugged terrain.

Almost 20 years ago had the tranny go near Empire & 2 weeks later my starter went near Ward Creek. Both times had to be towed to WL.
    The year after bought a new truck & was stuck with BFG all terrain tires. Had a blow out & multiple flats driving on rocky roads while moose hunting north of Germansen & had to visit the camp shop NE of Uslika Lake.

Changed to M55 Toyo tires & never had a problem again.
    Also I have the mechanic thoroughly check my vehicle & in particular for cracks in belts before I go hunting.

That young moose -some excellent eating coming!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    CONGRATS!
    Well organized story with nice clear photos.

Brings back memories-LT had a cabin by Bobtail Lake & we also hunted south of Francois Lake.
    Sorry to hear about the vehicular problems. Them's the breaks when driving in rugged terrain.

Almost 20 years ago had the tranny go near Empire & 2 weeks later my starter went near Ward Creek. Both times had to be towed to WL.
    The year after bought a new truck & was stuck with BFG all terrain tires. Had a blow out & multiple flats driving on rocky roads while moose hunting north of Germansen & had to visit the camp shop NE of Uslika Lake.

Changed to M55 Toyo tires & never had a problem again.
    Also I have the mechanic thoroughly check my vehicle & in particular for cracks in belts before I go hunting.

That young moose -some excellent eating coming!
    Thx. Colin who got the moose is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical stuff. He's a busy guy though, just having moved back to the island from Alberta. He & his wife own a sizeable property & have horses, chickens, turkeys etc etc. He still works full time as well with a lot of traveling involved. His truck has well over 300,000 Kms on it. Usually on top of maintenance, but he forgot a few things coming on the trip. It's unlike him not to carry things like spare drive belts for his quad. An alternator can go any time, the driveshaft was bad luck, but better it happened when it did rather than at speed on the highway hauling that trailer & all the gear. He did say some maintenance was done on the driveshaft (not by him) some time ago, perhaps they didn't tighten things.

Forgot to mention one more slight mishap on the way out via Bobtail. We encountered a grader that left a furrow of gravel in the middle of the road. Going over it Colin's trailer picked up a rock between the front tandem wheel & the wheel well, not much clearance there. When the rock was spit out, it tore the front of the flared fender off. With a little cussing & a large hammer, Colin banged it back into place.

I camped and hunted the same spot 5 years ago. We stumbled across the cell coverage where you did as well. We however did not see one animal with a hoof while we were there. Good on you guys for bagging a moose.

Thanks for the bump
    indeed a good tale
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC