Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arcteryx LEAF for hunting?

Re: Arcteryx LEAF for hunting?

Outdoor Research has some amazing stuff in ranger green and coyote.

The LEAF line is very good stuff, but also not necessarily designed for quiet hunting, it's more designed for operator protection, ruggedness when man-hunting.

Leaf alpha, best rain gear I've had, not quiet, but neither is the kuiu,Swazi or Kryptex I sold or the Sitka I've tried on. if your in the wet, rain, slush and snow in the middle of no where, and still dry after 12 hours of hiking, it's piece of mind knowing your dry, and if something every happened it might be the difference, plus the stow away collar is awesome, no other company seems to think so, I wear a boonie and have pulled the hood out twice when I've stopped for lunch. The gear is loud and it forces you to slow down, shot my nicest timber buck at 40' wearing it.
    i thought the kuiu guide would be better for hunting, bought it wore it once and sold it, the quality isn't even close, kuiu quality wasn't in the same league, arcteryx has welded seams, no needle and thread, everything else is stitched, didn't even wear the Kryptex , it wasn't close either. For non breathable, nothing beats the helly Hansen
    I'm on the wet coast, have thousands in rain gear, when the weather is gonna be brutal, leaf all the way,

I am huge fan of Arc'teryx, and i own only their line of jackets, they are the best IMO
    I have leaf gen 2 set in wolfe color (their kind of gray) they are pricey u are looking at $2000 for the jacket/pants set
    I use mine as spare next to my Sitka Stormfront set, its superior to any gear other out there in the rain, but not as quiet as Sitka...
    U get what u pay for...
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Alpha Binos? Which do you recommend?

I'm wondering if anyone has compared Arcteryx Alpha Gen 2 vs Sitka Stormfront recently. I imagine both get continually improved on. Wondering if they are getting close in quality or if the extra money for the AG2 is worth it. Thanks.
    -Tom