Thread: Crown Land/Public Hunting Areas near Vancouver

Crown Land/Public Hunting Areas near Vancouver

Hello All,

As with many, I recently moved here from Ontario, mainly for a job opportunity with BC Parks and to be able to hunt out here in the promise land! I live in Vancouver (Kits) and I am looking for some public places that I can get out for a hunt. I have looked through the IMAPBC stuff, the DataBC stuff on Google Earth, will be getting the Hunt Buddy BC App as well but I am either having zero luck or simply cannot wrap my head around the Data. I own archery equipment and a 12 gauge, a non-resident BC hunting license, migratory bird license and willing to purchase whatever it is I need otherwise to get me rockin here. I have mainly hunted farm land and private land for Whitetail and Black Bear but recently got into Waterfowl and Grouse earlier this year before I moved out here.

Just to clarify, I have been trout fishing for a long time, and the same attitude is brought to hunting in my opinion...DONT give up your spots lol!! I am well aware of this and am not asking for anyones spots or coordinates, literally just need a starting point where I can park my truck and go find the "spot" myself. I am more than willing to put in the work if the areas are tough to access, just a fellow hunter looking for a little guidance in unfamiliar territory! At the moment I am forced to only hunt small game because of the residency thing but heck I would even hire a guided hunt at this point for Deer/Elk if anyone knows someone!

Thanks in advance!

Aldy

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crown Land/Public Hunting Areas near Vancouver

Being a non resident, you'll need to hunt with either a guide or a hunter host. In either case, they'll most likely know where to take you.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.