Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Sheep Society of BC Raffles 2018/2019

Wild Sheep Society of BC Raffles 2018/2019

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/201...sheep-raffles/

The Wild Sheep Society of BC is very excited to release what we believe is our biggest and best line up of hunt raffles to date in this year’s Wild Sheep Raffles! Thanks to the extreme generosity of our donors we are offering 3 incredible hunts on some of the best hunting ground in the world!
    Raffle #1 is once again with BC’s own long time outfitter Clay Lancaster of Lancaster Expeditions and Rockstompers (250) 263-7778 for one person for one Desert Sheep. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the only North American wild sheep not living in British Columbia! Based out of Hermosillo, MX, it includes travel to, from and inside Mexico and the hunting area, lodging, guide, food, license, species tag and applicable taxes. Does not include post hunt taxidermy, trophy transport or gratuities. Hunt dates are subject to the hunter's schedule in December 2019 or January 2020. Prize is valued at $85,150 CAD.
    Raffle #2 is a 10 day combo hunt for one person for Alaska/Yukon Moose – Mountain Caribou in the North West Territories with new donor Glenda Groat and Canol Outfitters (formerly world renowned Ramhead Outfitters) www.canoloutfitters.ca. The beauty of the NWT in the fall, the incredible trophy quality in the area and the reputation and professionalism of the outfitter means this hunt will be absolutely amazing! It includes travel to, from and within the hunting territory, license, tags and helicopter time. This is a helicopter based hunt while inside the hunting territory. It does not include post hunt taxidermy, trophy transport or gratuities. Hunt valued at $37,424.00 CAD.
    Raffle #3 is a 6 day hunt for one person for Northern Alberta Wood Bison with new donor Kevin McNeil and Bluesky Outfitters. There are not many places a person can go and hunt a wild, free ranging Wood Bison! 10-20% larger than a Plains Bison these are the largest North American land mammals and this fly in trip is truly a unique hunt! Successful hunters can also expect to go home with a literal truckload of some of the finest wild table fare! Kevin has been guiding these hunt for the past 10 seasons as well as 19 years as a licensed outfitter in Alberta and the NWT. The camps offer an incredible view of Canada’s northern boreal forests, comfortable accommodations and kitchens fully stocked with fresh produce. Hunters can hunt with a gun or bow and can expect excellent success rates. There is also an opportunity to take a second bison and/or add additional hunters and species to this trip for a fee. This hunt includes travel to and from the hunting area (WSSBC voucher), license, 1 bison tag, government fees, food, lodging, guiding services and field handling of the game animal. It does not include post hunt meat processing, post hunt taxidermy, trophy transport or gratuities. This prize is valued at $14,670 CAD.
    2018 will see the WSSBC spend a whopping $100,000 + on wild sheep projects in BC blowing past years completely out of the water! A large part of those funds comes from this yearly Wild Sheep Raffle. We have an ambitious couple of years ahead and we need your participation to make that happen. Our projects in development are as follows:

• Shorts Creek Burn fall 2018, Okanagan corridor
    • Bull Mountain summer range fire prescription and burn 2019 approx. $30,000, Kootenays
    • Fraser River Disease Assessment – Capturing, collaring and testing for M. Ovi. If no disease is found this will lead to habitat enhancement, controlled burns and possible transplant/augmentation. The goal is the recovery of the Fraser River Basin herds.
    • Butler Ridge and Dunlevy - most southern stone sheep range in BC. Initial inventory survey, then disease assessment followed by habitat recovery and improvement. Possible expansion in to the lower Halfway River/Pink Mountain area.

Conservation and Opportunity!

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!

Questions or comments please contact:

Mike Schroeder
    mike.wssbc@gmail.com
    250-804-5773
    WSSBC Northern Fundraiser
    February 2, 2019
    EnCana Event Center, Dawson Creek

Registration will open fall 2019 online at www.wildsheepsociety.com

WSSBC Convention and Fundraiser
    March 8/9, 2019
    Coast Kamloops Hotel and Convention Center

Registration will open fall 2019 online atwww.wildsheepsociety.com

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wild Sheep Society of BC Raffles 2018/2019

Can someone from Alberta enter? Or is it a BC resident thing only?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Can someone from Alberta enter? Or is it a BC resident thing only?
    Have to buy your ticket in BC, but residency doesnt matter.

Bad news folks, but I just purchased the winning tickets for all three hunts
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Have to buy your ticket in BC, but residency doesnt matter.
    So even if my current billing address is in Alberta.. I could buy a ticket if I was back in BC visiting family for a weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    So even if my current billing address is in Alberta.. I could buy a ticket if I was back in BC visiting family for a weekend?
    Yep you bet

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Bad news folks, but I just purchased the winning tickets for all three hunts
    Why didn't you post that this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Yep you bet
    Awesome. Thanks.

Anyone that is a non resident visiting BC can call me at(250) 804-5773 for tickets

We know you may be panicking this morning! Let us help you with a gift of conservation ........ and possibly a kick ass hunt! https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/201...sheep-raffles/

WSSBC Northern Fundraiser
    February 2, 2019
    EnCana Event Center, Dawson Creek

Registration will open fall 2019 online at www.wildsheepsociety.com

WSSBC Convention and Fundraiser
    March 8/9, 2019
    Coast Kamloops Hotel and Convention Center

Registration will open fall 2019 online atwww.wildsheepsociety.com