Thread: Walkin the dog on a fall day.

Walkin the dog on a fall day.

My dog decided that sleeping in on a Saturday for a change wasn't a good idea and grumbled me out of my slumber. Walking the dog can be a chore.....hahaha not when you have a hunting dog. threw on some orange grabbed the 16 gauge and we hit the woods with a coffee in hand. quick drive to my favourite grouse spot on a crisp sunny Saturday morning and she found the grouse quick. Gilly is 1.5y and Ive only trained her for ducks which she has done excellent, for grouse I just put her on birds and she figured it out quick. We flushed a couple spruce grouse which are great for her as they hold tight, got two on the wing with perfect retrieves before we flushed a ruffy. Many trees were harmed swingin on the thunder chickens yet a few chickens lived. Another spruce in the bag and a few more misses made for a special day in the woods. Gilly is the first hunting dog Ive ever had the pleasure of owning and training since day one and god damn is it rewarding to hunt with her.

A couple nice birds and the winchester 24 in 16ga.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Walkin the dog on a fall day.

Very nice and nice the you got some grouse and to have a good companion like Gilly.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Very cool..
    sounds like a great morning. Nice harvest.

nice looking dog. Good day in the field
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Have to love those purple hulls! My dad was a 16ga fan too. Happy to hear you are having a great time with your pup.

Man that is incredible!!! what a day!