Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novemebr elk rut

Re: Novemebr elk rut

Quote Originally Posted by 123.brewski View Post
    Juvenile bulls will "practice rutting" almost all year. I have also witnessed a group of 11 bull with similar activity in late November, with no cows in sight
    Have seen more than a few times in November very mature bulls in with the cows and it wasn't " practice rutting" activity .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Headed to the Inlaws for Xmas on west coast van isle several years ago. Stopped to glass one of the local elk herds as per usual. Just cows n calfs thought wtf honked on the bugle and up stands this big ole Rosie bull and starts screaming away. Went back n forth for awhile until he rounded up his bitches and slipped away into the rainforest thicket jungle with his snout right up ones arse. Dec.22. I've seen wt and bt mount does in January.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Headed to the Inlaws for Xmas on west coast van isle several years ago. Stopped to glass one of the local elk herds as per usual. Just cows n calfs thought wtf honked on the bugle and up stands this big ole Rosie bull and starts screaming away. Went back n forth for awhile until he rounded up his bitches and slipped away into the rainforest thicket jungle with his snout right up ones arse. Dec.22. I've seen wt and bt mount does in January.
    That's awesome! This year I drew an any elk LEH dec1-feb 30. so mayb just maybe they will still be herded with the cows come dec

Quote Originally Posted by masoncade1992 View Post
    That's awesome! This year I drew an any elk LEH dec1-feb 30. so mayb just maybe they will still be herded with the cows come dec
    Nice, good luck!
    but I'd be looking for that herd spiker bull
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..