Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Region 5-1

Region 5-1

Just finished a 4 day hunt around bowers lake/gas line area, is it me or are the deer number significantly down? Did see some sign in the fresh snow deer/ moose but it seemed very few and far between. Is it me or.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5-1

Region 5-1 I moved there to Bridge Lake in Oct 2001 and moved away to Kammy in June 2017 in my 16 Years of Living-Hunting-Fishing in that area i seen a HUGH Decline in Deer and Moose population ! They seem to really decline around 2010 as there was VERY active logging out in that area and Habitat was taken away ! Also Wolves did move in -although in all my years out there only seen one deer KILL -right out on the lake in front of our home 7 yotes killed a deer -Then 3 wolves came along and Put the run on the Yotes ! We had 2 dozen + resident deer when we first moved there for years and by the time we left only seen 2 or 3 ever in our house area . Not SURE why the decline BUT it is VERY TRUE ! RJ

i dont think alot of people except elkhound where really succeful on that rainy weekend.

We have a cabin on one of the smaller lakes right by bridge lake. 5 years ago you had to drive pretty slow on Bridge lake road north because of all the deer. Every year I’ve seen less and less to the point this year there was a few 3 day trips I didn’t see any. I did find some pretty big wolf tracks when I was spring bear hunting around English lake though.

I lived on Ruth lake for years not now . all ways got moose years ago the deer were all around . moose went to a LEH got one a few years back short trip as knew where to go. Nice the white tail moved in there now but are driving the mules out

Thanks, guess it's a fishing cabin now lol

5-01 the hunters hidden little gem. Until the wolves moved in about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    5-01 the hunters hidden little gem. Until the wolves moved in about 10 years ago.
    YUP BUT only Partly ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    I lived on Ruth lake for years not now . all ways got moose years ago the deer were all around . moose went to a LEH got one a few years back short trip as knew where to go. Nice the white tail moved in there now but are driving the mules out
    Hi I read your post about living on Ruth lake. My family has had a cabin on the lake for years! My grandfather Bob Strachan built it probably back in the late 60s early 70s.
    I thought I would see if you may now of him or my dad Ken Strachan?

Deer and moose numbers down but wolf numbers up like crazy..